Raw Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 1L Coconut Merchant
|Price:||£14.70 (£1.47 / 100 ml) & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£0.29 (2%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN: There's only one ingredient that goes into our oil: 100% natural, raw, unrefined, cold pressed Ceylon coconut oil. This mean that our oil is preservative free, gluten free and vegan friendly.
- USES: - Perfect for frying, baking or cooking, coconut oil can add a whole new dimension to sweet or savoury meals alike. As if this wasn't enough, coconut oil can also be used for natural beauty care or even pet care, just showing that this little pot is packed with endless possibilities. Just a little touch is great for moisturising your skin and hair, and it can even serve as a natural make up remover too!
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Rich in medium chain fatty acids (MCT) for weight control and an increase in energy. High LAURIC ACID content. No sugar, Zero Carbohydrates and GMO-free.
- SCENT AND CONSISTENCY: Coconut Merchant oil has got a mild and pleasant coconut scent. It melts at temperatures above 23 degrees and can be delivered in liquid or solid form depending on the season. It can be used in both forms and retains all its beneficial and nutritional characteristics.
- ETHICALLY SOURCED: At Coconut Merchant love is at the heart of everything we do. Our Oil is ethically sourced meaning farmers get a fair price!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights. For medicinal products, content on our website is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition or to substitute advice given by medical practitioners, pharmacists or other licensed health care professionals. You should contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website.
Fine Extra-Virgin Ceylon Coconut Oil is made by cold-pressing coconut flesh. This means that it is raw, maintaining all the natural goodness of the coconuts Bottled at source, our coconut oil is high in Lauric Acid and other medium chain saturated fats beneficial for the body. Its mild and sweet aroma does not overpower your cooking, and a delicately smooth texture once melted. Coconut oil can be used in a variety of ways: in your cooking and baking, to moisturise hair and skin, as a natural make-up remover, and as a shaving balm or moisturiser for babies. This 1L jar is ideal for the home, the kitchen, and for all your daily coconut needs.
CoconutSee all Product description
From the brand owner
How we got our start?Al was working at the UN – wanting to help farmers – when he met Shan who had been importing coconut products for over 20 years. They formed a partnership to share coconut products with the world, with ethical sourcing at the heart of everything, Coconut Merchant was born.
What makes our product unique?Coconut Merchant has the World’s largest range of coconut products. We strive to create high quality, natural products that taste delicious! All our products are ethically sourced working collaboratively with farmers to develop new products that we get to bring to customers all over the world.
Why we love what we do?We love finding healthy, natural products for our customers to enjoy and to share with their families and friends. We love making a positive impact on our farmers. Giving them a sustainable income, so they can provide for their families, plan for the future and help support their communities.
From the manufacturer
The Award Winning Coconut Oil
So many uses, so many reasons to love it!
Committed to Ethical Sourcing
With a history in sourcing quality products, ensuring our products are ethically sourced is critical to what we do. Our philosophy is that we should be able to enjoy quality products with a good conscience. That's why our Ethical Sourcing Policy (available on our website) covers:
- Working conditions for staff and farmers;
- Pay for staff and farmers;
- The price paid for their produce;
- Environmental sustainability.
Coconut Merchant Premium Grade Coconut Oil
All the premium qualities you could want
Our fine extra-virgin Ceylon Coconut Oil is made by cold-pressing dried coconut flesh. This means that it is raw, maintaining all the natural goodness of the coconuts! Bottled at source, our coconut oil is high in Lauric Acid and other medium chain saturated fats beneficial for the body. Its mild and sweet aroma does not overpower your cooking, and it has a delicately smooth texture once melted.
Coconut oil can be used in a variety of ways: in your cooking and baking, to moisturise hair and skin, as a natural make-up remover, as a shaving balm or moisturiser for babies.
- Cold Pressed
- Extra Virgin
A Myriad of Uses - Here's just a teaser...
Frying, Cooking, Roasting, Baking
Substitute your regular cooking oil with coconut oil for all your kitchen needs. Unlike other oils, our coconut oil has a high burning point (175C), and it retains its benefits once heated.
Hair, Skin & Beauty
As a natural moisturiser and conditioner, our coconut oil is a great chemical-free addition to your beauty cabinet. Did you know it's a great chemical-free make-up remover?
If you're looking for a great chemical-free moisturiser to protect against nappy rash.
Did you know you know coconut oil can be good for your pets? You can either rub onto their coats, or add it to their food. Watch them lick it right off the spoon!
Some Inspiration Below - more on our website too!
¼ cup coconut flour, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil, 2 large eggs (lightly beaten), ½ tablespoon coconut syrup (or maple syrup), ½ ripe banana (mashed), ¼ cup coconut milk, ¼ cup blueberries
1. Gently whisk the coconut flour and baking soda in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Beat the remaining ingredients together in a separate medium bowl until well combined.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, gently stirring to combine. If the mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of coconut milk – but not too much, or the pancakes will crumble!
4. Lightly coat pan with coconut oil and pour on desired amount of batter (we suggest 3tbsp) over a medium-low heat. Flip when bubbles appear in the centre of the pancake. Extra points for flipping without a spatula! Cook for a further 2 minutes before serving.
Sweet Potato Fries
2-3 large peeled sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, 1 tablespoon coconut flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 5 tablespoons coconut sugar (adjust depending on the amount of coverage you’d like!)
1. Before doing anything, preheat your oven to 200C (390F)
2. Wash and peel your sweet potatoes, then cut them into long, thin slices.
3. Place them in a large bowl, and toss in your coconut flour until they retain a nice thin coating. Add more if necessary
4. Pour in the melted coconut oil, and toss to coat.
5. Next, mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, and pour over your potatoes to coat them.
6. Place the sliced potatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Try to leave space between them to let them cook fully.
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes before removing the tray and turning the fries to allow them to bake evenly. Then pop the tray back in for another 15 minute.
Easy Nut Butter Cups
2-3 tablespoons nut butter , ¾ cup cacao / cocoa powder, ¾ cup melted coconut oil, 3-4 tablespoons coconut syrup
1. Start by combining the cacao, coconut oil, and coconut syrup, and then taste! If you prefer your chocolate to be sweeter, add in more coconut syrup – you can even add in a pinch of sea salt in you like!
2. Pour half of the mixture into 6 cupcake cases in a cupcake tray. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add around 1 tablespoon of the nut butter to each of the cases, and spread out well.
4. Fill up each cup with the remaining chocolate, and bang the base of the tray on the worktop surface to even out the top.
5. You’re almost done – just pop it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or so, and then enjoy!
1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of coconut syrup or regular honey. 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar, half a teaspoon of salt
1. Mix these ingredients together well, and apply to your skin in a gentle circular motion. You can leave this recipe on for a few minutes for extra moisturizing and then wash off. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
2. Increase these amounts in the same proportions to make enough for the rest of your body if desired.
3. If the sweet aroma of coconut is not enough, add some rosemary to top it all off!
Customers who bought this item also bought
1,633 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The problem is that it smells mouldy and that can hardly be a good thing!!!
Coconut oil is supposed to be antifungal, how can that be then?
The seller really needs to check microbial counts and improve purchasing/production lines.
We do occasionally use this product to cook with, but I find it smokes quite quickly and sets off the fire alarms not long after being placed into the frying pan.
Another great use for this product is using it as a massage oil. It melts very quickly on skin and provides a great lubrication
Always has that wonderful coconut aroma, I use it for cooking/baking, and for my cosmetic mixtures.
It always comes in a box with styrofoam in it ensuring it is well protected.
Unfortunately I cannot use it on my face as it breaks me out badly so i wouldn't recommend for that area. Although I do love using it to remove waterproof mascara and eye makeup only.
If you have children of any age then this is great to massage them with, especially newborns.
Very well packaged
Can't wait to use proper coconut oil instead of the chemical versions I was using such as non organic coconut oil. I am primarily going to use it on my hair as that's what needs the most nourishment but I've heard its good for the skin too so may give it a try
Packaging: As per other reviews they found their item glass jar broken and with black bits ive not found this issue.
Update: been advised by my mum she's noticed this coconut doesn't make her hair itch like other brand coconut oils shes purchased and has been using got years. Definitely a sign of pure coconut. I have also noticed less hair fall out. However, it does leave your hair bit too dry to manage after a wash. So best off using a conditioner.