on 19 September 2013
I bought this book when it first came out in hardback as Cobra Gold. I have re-read it a few times now. Well researched, pacey and it keeps you turning the pages...even if you have read it before like I have.
I am amazed that it hasn't been made into a movie as it is, to me, a very visual book. Damien Lewis creates characters and scenarios that read so well you can clearly see them in your mind and I think any movie director could just take the book and film it without too much further research. The plot, the locations and characters all make for a roller coaster ride and I cannot urge you strongly enough to read it for yourself and decide...I dont think you will disappointed.
on 23 October 2017
Good read thanks
on 2 August 2017
very good
on 28 April 2008
If you like your Special Forces thrillers, this book will not leave you disappointed. Right from the first page I was hooked. The story was first class, enhanced by the fact that it could actually be true.
The book is exciting, fast paced and you will not want to put it down! The writers research of the special forces is first class. I would recommend this book to anyone. A cracking read!
on 14 February 2015
great read
on 13 July 2015
brilliant, breathtaking pace throroughly enjoyed it, lots of twists and turns
on 9 January 2017
Excellent read
on 1 January 2013
I have been looking for this book for a while ,forgot the title, and I was not disappointed.A very good story and made an enjoyable read.
on 18 November 2010
I always say that the best thrillers are one's which
you could almost believe could happen. Sadly I don't
think that of Cobra 405 because I don't believe a word
of it. From the stereotypical characterisation of the
ex-SAS soldiers to the frankly unbelievable MI6-backed
mission to get the gold I just thought " this is a load
of nonsense " . If you write fiction then make it all up
don't make out that parts of the story could be true. If
you do hint at real events then at least keep it all in
the real world and not in some weird kids Commando-Comic
style territory.

I think Mr Lewis should stick to writing fact . This he
does well. Fiction isn't really his forte.
on 30 May 2007
One of the best authors of our time when it comes to Military Hardbacks and keeping the readers on the edge of their seats, wanting more and more.

He has done it yet again with his new book 'Cobra Gold'. I spent quite a bit of time with Damien flying him around and working with him in the worst of the Warzones of Africa and I have never quite met someone as devoted and motivated in getting all the facts right for his readers. He really does go to the ends of the earth for the best untold stories.

Anyone who has not yet read all of Damien's books really is missing out on a immense part of life as we don't know it.....