on 22 March 2017
Good value for money. High standard brushes. I will recommend. Parcel arrived quickly as well.
on 19 June 2017
Bought this a while ago. Came perfectly, I love the brushes and the case.
on 21 June 2012
....although I'll probably get struck down by lightning for even daring to compare. So if this review ends "fwwwzzztttt zap BANG" you know the god of makeup brushes is displeased...
These are NOT cheap brushes - they are exceptionally good value but there is nothing cheap about them. I've been using mine awhile now and they've been both used and washed - and washing is where cheap brushes often come unstuck - literally!
A brief run down of the brushes:-
Fan brush - very light, dusts immaculately without disturbing layers
Powder brush - much more densely packed than a normal face brush. This means it places powder well, and lightly used smooths away excess
Flat-head brush - very soft, very densely packed. Makes a great foundation brush, buffs it well into the skin
Angled face brush - can be used for contour or blush. Denser and softer than the equivalent MAC168; a REALLY nice brush
Small "setting" brush - lovely consistency, could also be used for blusher
Flat foundation brush - bit small, but good density; lovely even coverage
Concealer brush - great for cream concealers, but one of the soft eye brushes is better for liquids.
Eye brushes - a good selection of lay-down brushes, all-over shaders and blending brushes. Includes a round angled "doe foot". All do exactly what they should, and there are a couple of unusual brushes which I love - a pointed blender and a tiny flat lay-down. I'd pay this much money and consider it well spent just for the eye-brushes - no repetitions and everything you could think of.
Liner/brow brushes - three angled brushes for both liners and brows. Good sharp lines and differing textures.
Lip brush - good size; sharp and precise without being so small it takes forever!

The brushes come in a faux-leather roll and the pockets are roomy enough to take extra brushes if you have favourites, as well as a zip pocket big enough to carry bits and pieces such as false lashes, disposable spoolies etc.

All in all, this product is fantastic value for money. My only tiny quibble is that I'd like a fine eyeliner brush, but so many people prefer the easier angled liner brush this really is splitting hairs; CS do a vast array of brushes and you can get any extras easily enough. I've used all sorts of brushes in the past, gradually replacing the cheap ones with MAC, Stila, BE et al and as far as I am concerned these can hold their own against these more expensive brands.

You can pay £20 and get a set of poor brushes. Or you can spend a little more and buy these. Ultimately, it will save you a lot of money, because the cheap ones can only ever be stop-gaps, whereas these really do stand up against some very well-known, expensive brands.
11 Comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2013
A lovely set so soft and well priced comes with a good quality roll for storing the brushes all you could want
on 22 June 2013
So very impressed I've already got Mac brushes but I am very impressed with these brushes. I had read all the reviews for the cheaper brushes they were mixed I was not convinced. So I decided on the more expensive and I'm so glad. The brushes are super very soft and so much choice so when I feel like trying out new ideas I'm confident that I have all the tools I need. As for hair loss cannot see any problem at the moment but seeing as my Mac 187(foundation brush) is now constantly loosing hairs as too does my uber expensive Lancôme powder brush.....you get the point I'm sure....
on 3 February 2014
Worth the price, really soft brushes and doesnt fall out easily even after few washes <3 Havnt used all of the brushes yet, but im sure ill make my way around using all of them at one point or another :)
on 10 September 2014
If you want to see an in depth review of these brushes check out my blog! http://jenniferon.blogspot.co.uk
I've put up photos of the brushes and also will tell you what each brush is for :)
on 11 June 2013
Quick delivery, extremely cheap brushes and i was surprised at the quality of them! i would recommend 100% to anyone considering buying them!
on 4 August 2014
These brushes are such good quality for the price! I'm a beauty therapist so make-up is a big part of my job, and these brushes are perfect for someone who wants to go that bit further with their make-up. There is a brush for everything you would need! The only thing is that there isn't a fine eyeliner brush, but a small angled brush could be used instead. So pleased with this purchase, best £34 I've ever spent!
on 4 November 2012
Firstly a few people have mentioned that the brushes smell when they first got them. Mine didn't smell, only a sort of new smell, but not bad at all. I washed them before first use anyway. I have used most of the brushes in this wallett now and would say that all the smaller brushes are fantastic. Good and soft and don't lose any hairs etc, there is also a good range for shading, contouring, liner, concealer, lips, pretty much every small sized brush you would need. The 4 largest brushes however haven't been so great and I have ended up replacing them with my MAC brushes that do the same thing.
The wallett that the brushes comes in is also fantastic quality, much better than my MAC brush roll that i paid £30 for.
So all in all a fantastic price for brushes wether you are professional or just using them on yourself. I would urge anyone to buy these as they are well worth the money.