Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 November 2013
Wow! This series of books is truly fantastic. This is a Stage 1 book and they do scores and scores of other science titles in this stage and also in Stage 2. The back of the book states that "Stage 1 books explain simple science concepts for pre-schoolers and kindergarteners" and "Stage 2 books explore more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades". It states the age range that this book is aimed at ranges from 4 years old to 8 years old. Even though it is geared towards children but it doesn't dumb down the language or knowledge and is truly a fascinating book. I actually learnt a lot of information from it let alone my daughter! The only thing that I'm not keen on is the primitive style of illustration as it makes the book appear simpler than what it is. The information inside will have them buzzing as they will be able to look outside their window to put the theory into practice but some kids may be put off by the illustrations. My daughter is a visual learner rather than a reading lots of text so I use them both together. However, the illustrations appear overly babyish and I know that she will focus on that and will need so much more enthusiasm from me to try to get into this book. It's a shame as the other books that I have in this series are beautifully illustrated and I'm not sure why they have changed so much between Stage 1 and Stage 2 levels.
on 5 March 2015
Brilliant. I now know a lot about clouds that I didn't know before. Went above the heads of a lot of my 6 year old pupils but they enjoyed learning the names and looking for clouds, the science may have been a bit technical for them.
on 8 October 2010
My 3 y.o. son loves this book. We read it again and again. He has become aware of how clouds look like and whenever there is change in the weather, he notices it and runs to find out what kind of clouds are there in the sky.
on 27 February 2015
Nice book to enhance my collection of weather topic books.
on 21 May 2015
Good condition, good price. Good book for Y1 upwards.