Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Mar 2012, 14:39:46 BST
K-Dizzle says:
Hi All, I'm trying to decide between these 2 tablets (the newer M009S available for pre-order). The specs look pretty identical but any thoughts on this? My main use will be watching movies, iPlayer, Skype and if it's possible - to use some sort of drawing tool so I can directly input sketches. Any comments appreciated!

Posted on 31 Mar 2012, 14:44:22 BST
H. A says:
As the seller and rights owner for this tablet we are probably the last people you would listen to here!!!!!! but the only thing I would say is that Skype can be a little dodgy on these tablets and we have a specific version of Skype that we install before sending out that we know is 100% compatible. Most versions have problems with interlacing on the video.

If you do go for the M009S and have issues with Skype drop a post in here and we will point you to one that I think will work with that tablet 100% too.

Posted on 31 Mar 2012, 14:51:48 BST
K-Dizzle says:
Thanks for your comment - much appreciated! As you'll be the expert on this tablet (!!!!) do you know of any drawing app that is compatable? No worries if not, I know there's a lot of software out there! I take your very quick reply as potentially a good sign of customer service by the way which gives the Cloudnine an extra point! :-)

Posted on 31 Mar 2012, 15:28:40 BST
H. A says:
Any drawing app should work fine, it has a nice capacitive screen so I can see no problem with them working. We are on Googles approved devices list too so that means the new Google store issues that affect many not approved devices don't affect this tablet, so all market apps are available. It is causing some issues with devices at present so it is worth checking before buying.

Posted on 31 Mar 2012, 15:59:34 BST
K-Dizzle says:
Many thanks!

Posted on 31 Mar 2012, 19:03:56 BST
I tried the natc before I bought the Cloud Nine, my concern with the Natc was when I put it onto charge the screen started move around so I sent it back as faulty and was then told by the seller that they all did this ! not for me ,so i got the Cloud Nine no comparison in my opinion

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2012, 20:45:25 BST
K-Dizzle says:
oooh - doesn't sound good! Thanks for your reply!

Posted on 3 Apr 2012, 15:26:21 BST
Tim Gray says:
@robdalej I think the NATPC seller has now responded that updated software has helped with that problem. Also, I believe folks have said that charging via USB got round it.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2012, 23:08:52 BST
Nick Perks says:
Hi - if you can suggest a version of Skype for the latest M009S using Android 4.0 I would be very grateful! Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2012, 23:33:48 BST
Nick Perks says:
Actually it's OK - this one seems to work: http://www.mediafire.com/?961io62humycm1i

Posted on 25 Apr 2012, 11:44:34 BST
Had both and have to say the cloudnine is superior in every way.

I got the NATPC and there was instant confusion about whether I had received the correct tablets (lots of discussion on this on their threads). The tablet was slow, downloads from google play took an age and there were lots of apps not compatiable with the device. BBC iPlayer sync was awful. I also had issues with wifi connection dropping off and with the above mentioned issues whilst charging.

Sent that back and bought the cloudnine neuropad instead and the experience has been totally different. Android 4.0 is excellent, internet connection and performance is faultless and the BBC iPlayer works perfectly. It also look good when connected to my tv via the HDMI cable, enjoyed a lot of snooker the last couple of days.

Angry Birds Space and GTA 3 also work perfectly on this tab.

I can't recommend it highly enough!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012, 13:24:38 BST
W. Cromie says:
Hi I installed the Skype App but I cannot recieve any video can you please advise, I checked the camera which in ok and also the sound. Can you put me in the right direction for info on accessing my home network from this tablet?

Thanks william

Posted on 7 May 2012, 10:49:40 BST
Lee G says:
You have to makes sure that you choose to make a video call rather than a voice only call, I think the first option in the list is voice only. Or, if you are already in a call, you can click the video icon and that puts you into video mode.

I think it depends on what you want to access from your home network. I think things like music sharing will work, but not sure that you can access windows shares through Android.

Posted on 24 Oct 2012, 12:08:02 BST
Last edited by the author on 24 Oct 2012, 12:08:37 BST
RD says:
Can the Cloud 9 play a 10gb mkv film over the Wireless? The NATPC (with 1GB RAM A10 processor) does flawlessly without any stutter.

Posted on 24 Oct 2012, 12:15:30 BST
Lee G says:
As many of these tablets are the same specification, having come from the same basic model (LY-F1), then I would assume it could, although TBH I have not tried. The Neuropad Ultra is the same specification as the M009S, with the same Allwinner A10 SoC, 400 MHz Mali GPU, 1GB RAM, 802.11 b/g/n Wifi, so I see very little difference in it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers