on 1 December 2017
Written by Arran, age 10
Cloud Busting really brought up my thoughts on friendship. In some ways, the book was quite strange [due to the poetry] but in other ways it made me think quite hard. Mostly though, this book is absolutely magnificent but it's only short.

Written by Oska, age 10
The book is about a boy called Sam and another boy called Davey. Sam can't stand Davey until they become friends. I think the book was good because of the poetry.

Written by Harry D, age 9
I really like this book because if you don't like reading, this book has hardly any writing in! It has some drama and is about 2 friends playing, losing each other and getting back together
on 29 August 2017
I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked the unusual way the story was told through poems. I think this was a very powerful way of sharing some important messages. I am a teacher and will definitely be using this book in class in the future.
on 12 April 2017
Enjoyed this book myself. It was a present for my grandson.
on 26 May 2015
Awesome book would totally recommend it to people who LOVE LOVE LOVE poems (I'm not a big fan of poems but this book was really good)
on 9 November 2017
The book was full of inspiration and wonderful poems like haikus ( Japanese poems ) . The book in general has a big twist at the end , which I personally really love !
on 24 August 2017
Speechless! This book is pure magic on a page, a symphony in words where each page draws you in more. I am so excited to use this with my Year 5 class in September!
on 29 September 2017
My daughter is very happy with this book.
on 4 October 2014
My class(year 5) really enjoyed this book. The children couldnt put it down between lessons!
on 14 August 2005
This is a lyrical story, written in verse, that celebrates friendship and individuality. Using a number of different techniques (all explained at the end of the book) it is not only a great story but also a great demonstration of the different techniques used in poetry. Each chapter of this book is told in a different type of verse
The theme of bullying is often told from the viewpoint of the victim; in this highly readable poem-novel, it is the turn of the perpetrator to tell his side of a bullying story. Surprisingly by the end of the book you understand that maybe there is not only one victim, and maybe a lot of the problems with bullying is pier pressure.
I am training to be a teacher and would recomned that every child hear's this at least once during their school life.
on 11 April 2017
I cannot comment on the story as the book only arrived today it was ordered through Globenet books - it was supposed to be a new book - it looks used to me - not happy to give it as a present which was the intention!!!! the same applies to the other book (Madame duobtfire) I bought from Globenet!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse