on 26 July 2014
** spoiler alert ** This is the third book - out of 581 that I've read since joining Goodreads - that I've rated 1-star. I hate rating things 1-star. I don't even like rating them 2-star. Gah.

It started out okay - a little flat, but okay. Frank seemed decent enough, although the first quarter or so was an info dump with little action or conversation, so I didn't feel like I really got to see the man's good points.

But then we met Sofia. And I hated Sofia.

This is why:

1) She gets pregnant because she forgets to take her contraceptive pills with her on vacation, and rather than a) finding a doctor who'll prescribe more; b) getting the morning-after pill; or c) admitting to Frank she forgot them and letting them both decide to either use condoms or forgo the sex for the weekend, she decided to just hope for the best and not tell him - so she didn't worry him.

2) She decides unilaterally that Frank's work means more to him than she could and that he shouldn't be allowed to take time away from his career for such unimportant things as love and family. (His career btw is running a travel business, which is a fine job but he's hardly a superhero, destined to sacrifice all else for this noble calling.)

3) She leaves him (with a note, not even in person) and coldheartedly calls up the guy who loved her throughout high school - a guy who happens to be Frank's cousin - and gets him to marry her and pretend to everyone that the baby is his. She knows that he loves her, and that she doesn't love him, but she asks him to help her anyway. She doesn't tell Frank that he has a son. For eight years.

4) She ends up divorcing the cousin, and during the book we get to hear her whingy thoughts about how she'd been careful to never make him feel like she was comparing him to Frank. Which is horses***. People know when they're being compared to their partner's ex, especially when they're the one who doesn't measure up.

5) When Frank finally finds out and is initially angry, after he comes to talk it out with her, her first reaction is to want to tell him he missed his chance. Because, of course, he had the audacity to be mad.

I pretty much hated the way the other characters reacted to this, too. Frank's mother - who knew all along that the kid was Frank's, and who never bothered to call him once in eight years and say, Oh, by the way, you have a son - Frank's mother is angry with FRANK for reacting badly. She tells him he's being selfish. Why Frank, how dare you a) not stick around for the girl who dumped you for your cousin and the child you didn't know you had, and b) be angry that she lied to you and kept your son from you for eight years? How selfish you are!

And Frank, the poor sap, doesn't even ask for an apology from Sofia, he just goes right back to loving her. Not that she offers one. She shows no hint of guilt or remorse for her behaviour.

"Love means never having to say you're sorry." (Love Story, 1970)

If you love that quote, this may well be the book for you.

Me, I'll pass.
on 2 December 2013
WOW, what a great little story, I liked Frank as soon as I started to read - just knew there was more to his and Sophia's past relationship, but I got a shock when I found out what it was.

It's a brilliant little story, full of electricty and passion - I cannt wait to read more of your book Lucinda
on 2 February 2014
A really romantic love story, was quite taken with the couple and found the story was very believable, enjoyed the conclusion of this book didn't find this story was to erotic very explicit but a good love as story.
on 11 November 2013
So pleased this was free. I almost gave up by chapter 5. There were 2 sex scenes but in no way I would class this book as erotic.
on 19 February 2014
The story was good but could have been a lot better... the characters were well described and came over likeable... it would have been nice to have read more about it then all of a sudden it ended... I know it's fiction but the outcome was far from believable
on 10 December 2013
It was a great introduction to a troubled but loving family, it had everything, love, lust, hate, fear, tears and laughter. I would recommend you read in order though I suppose they could be read on their own as the author does give some background history to keep you in the loop. Could have been a little longer but just right for a quick read at bedtime.

Try this for yourself and see I am sure you won't be diss appointed, now looking for more from this Author
on 24 January 2014
A really disappointing book with a good storyline. I felt this book could have been a great book/story if not for the fact the author rushed the story and I felt, missed out on important things. I needed more especially at the end. As for would I read the rest of this series? the answer is no.
on 15 January 2014
unfortunately the story was predictable and the writing lacked finesse and emotional maturity. Too little attention paid to the story line which was harshly juxtaposed with the sexual events lending a great lack of sensuality to what should have been a very emotional and sensual read.
on 10 January 2014
I thought this book was really good. The story was short and sweet and left me want to know what's install for the other brothers and Goo. I gave this book 3 stars because I thought it had potential to be more, for example I wanted to experience Frank's first moment' with Tommy as his son. Also I want to see more of Sofia and Frank's' relationship as the establish it. Overall it was a good short story and would recommend to other romance readers.
on 2 March 2014
Not really much of a story or what I would call erotic just an ordinary romance that had been put on hold you can guess the rest.
Aimed at the teen to twenty s market I would guess.