- Select the right Omron scales or body composition monitor for your needs with our handy comparison chart.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £11.66 delivery
+ FREE delivery
+ £0.49 delivery
OMRON BF511 Clinically Validated Full Body Composition Monitor with 8 high-precision sensors for hand-to-foot measurement - Turquoise
- Clinically Validated Medical Device offering Full Body Composition hand-to-foot measurement that gives accurate insights on your body parameters.
- The OMRON BF511 uses precise 8-sensor Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis technology ensuring high consistency of readings.
- 6 Dimensional overview: Measures Body Fat %, Resting Metabolism, Skeletal Muscle %, Visceral Fat levels, Weight and BMI.
- Knowing Resting Metabolism can help you assess your daily calorie needs, which can be used as a reference for your weight management programme.
- Multi-user: 4 users and Guest. For the whole family, can be used by children from 6 years onwards (for Body Fat %, BMI and weight).
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
The OMRON BF511 Body Composition Monitor is a clinically validated hand to foot device that measures accurately 6 body metrics. Its precise 8-sensor Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis technology assures high consistency of readings.
BF511 is more than just a scale. This device can help you stay motivated when you track your diet or fitness progress or simply, as you make basic changes to your lifestyle - eating right and exercising more. You can monitor improvement of body weight, body fat percentage, resting metabolism and skeletal muscle percentage. These parameters will help you understand how efficiently your body is working and help you reach your fitness and weight loss goals.
Designed to be used by the whole family. It is suitable for everyday use starting from the age of six (for BMI and body fat control). Easy to use and built to last. The BF511 is the ideal fitness tool to use any time in the comfort of your own home. Available in two colours: turquoise or dark blue.
*For best comparison of results over time always measure your body composition in the same environment and daily circumstances. Please refer to instructions of use.
1) of Visceral Fat, Body Fat, Skeletal Muscle, Resting Metabolism
* Weight: Approximately 2.2 kg (4.85 lb) (including batteries)
* External Dimensions: Approx. 303 (W) × 55 (H) × 327 mm (D) (Approx. 11 7/8"" (W) x 2 1/8"" (H) x 12 7/8"" (D))
* Maximum weight capacity: 150 kg
* Height: 100.0 to 199.5 cm (3' 4"" to 6' 6 3/4"")
* Age: 6 to 80 years old
* Measurement Units: kg (cm) / lb (feet/inch)
* Power Supply: 4 AA batteries (R6) (You may also use AA alkaline batteries (LR6))
* Battery Life: Approximately 1 year (when manganese batteries are used with four measurements a day)
* Package Contents: Body Composition Monitor, 4 AA manganese batteries (R6), Guarantee Card, instruction manual (languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, Arabic. Various other languages are available at www.omron-healthcare.com)
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Weight is a perfect match with the scale at my doctors and is precise down to 0.2 lbs / 0.1kg.
Body fat, etc is very difficult to measure accurately with scales like these that rely on conductivity but with both the feet and hand sensors it has the best chance of accurate measurements. However, yesterday I had the opportunity to find out exactly how accurate these scales are. I had something called an DXA (or DEXA) scan which is a form of mini XRay that tells you exactly how many grams of fat, lean tissue and bone you have in each limb and AFAIK is the most accurate way of working out body composition short of an autopsy. PS: it's not a good idea to mess around with XRays for none critical conditons so this isn't a recommendation of DXA scanning but given I have had one it does tell us how accurate these scales are...
It'll probably be obvious from these numbers that I'm not fit (yet) so don't laugh - I'm working on it :)
Background info: Male, 34, Caucasian
Body Fat: 29.6% (Omron scales), 32.8% (DXA Scan)
Visceral Fat: 11% (Omron scales), 8.8% (DXA Scan)
Lean Mass: 33.6% (Omron scales), 63.0% (DXA Scan)
So, the body fat percentage for me at least was very accurate. The visceral fat was an overestimate but not by a huge amount. The Lean mass is miles off, however I think there's a difference in what's being measured here. I believe the Omron scales are estimating muscle whereas the DXA scan is measuring all lean tissue (ie: everything that isn't bone or muscle = organs, ligaments and muscle). Overall I'm very pleased with the accuracy and repeatability of these scales and for measuring relative changes in body composition they should be very helpful.
* High accuracy measuring weight and total body fat percentage.
* Decent measure of internal body fat (the really bad stuff).
* Simple to use - step on to get your weight, press the profile button on the handle to measure everything.
* 4 profiles/users
* Shows current readings and last readings for comparison
* Measures in kg and lbs to 0.2lb and 0.1kg accuracy
* Quick ~5 seconds for measurements
* AA batteries (included)
* 3 year warranty
* Only remembers last measurement (seperate memory for each profile/user) so need to keep a pad of paper to track long term changes
* Electrical conductivity measures can be heavily affected by water content so you really need to way at around the same time each day under the same conditions - ie: drinking water before measuring changes the results.
* Doesn't send results to phone/computer/whatever - personally I think this is an advantage as it's simple and does exactly what you need but some people really want an app on their phone *shrugs*.
Weight measurement is spot on with auto calibration, checks out perfectly with other digital scales I have.
Would have been even better I found there was a Bluetooth facility to integrate with the Apple Health App, and provide the same info the app requires instead of me doing some simple maths.
Perhaps its all correct, but I doubt it...
Are these the most accurate scales in the world? I don't care!!! They give me the sense of being in control like never before. That said, I only weigh myself in the morning, before breakfast and after the loo and a shower. This way I keep external variables to a minimum.
The only thing these scales are missing is the ability to analyse the results over time. But you know what, I can type in Excel as easily as anyone else so who needs wifi when a bar chart will do?
Most recent customer reviews
I am really happy with it !!
The bodyfat percentage is somehow switching 1-2% between just under a minute weighing
Nice functions:...Read more