- Hardcover: 528 pages
- Publisher: Thieme Medical Publishers Inc; 3rd ed. edition (14 Aug. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781588903648
- ISBN-13: 978-1588903648
- ASIN: 1588903648
- Product Dimensions: 22.2 x 3.2 x 27.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 8,838,041 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Clinical Otology Hardcover – 14 Aug 2007
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A fantastic update to the previous edition...The authorship represents a spectrum of the most renowned otologists currently practicing...This text represents an excellent summary of the current state of knowledge in otology. It is quite user friendly in its organization...The chapters are richly illustrated with consistent line diagrams, generous inclusion of radiographic images, and beautiful full-color illustrations. This text is strongly recommended as a primer in otology for residents. Practicing otolaryngologists and otologists will find it a useful review. The text's up-to-date contributions and references offer an excellent resource even for the experienced otologist.--Otology & Neurotology
From the Back Cover
Clinical Otology is the complete reference for basic scientific information on the functioning of the ear and current techniques for the diagnosis, management, and rehabilitation of patients with common otologic disorders. In this edition the authors address important topics such as the genetic diagnosis of hereditary hearing loss, management of superior canal dehiscence, evidence-based management of otitis media with effusion, middle ear and brain stem implantable hearing devices, new applications of transtympanic therapy, and more. The book features the exquisite color photographs of world-class otologic photographer Eiji Yanagisawa, MD.
Highlights of the third edition:
- New chapters on Molecular Biology and Clinical Otology, Molecular Disorders and Clinical Otology, Pharmacology of Otologic Drugs, and Cystic Lesions of the Petrous Apex
- More than 400 illustrations and full-color photographs to aid the comprehension of key concepts
- Comprehensive lists of references for pursuing topics in greater depth
All otologists, otolaryngologists, audiologists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, and students seeking to optimize patient care should add this state-of-the-art reference to their professional library.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com