on 16 February 2014
One of my favourite resource books for clinical massage (the other ones are Vodder's compendium and a Tui Na book by Sarah Pritchard). To have the muscles and the massage shown together really assists my understanding and linking of theory and practice. When working with therapeutic massage,a knowledge of where the muscles are and ways to work with them are very beneficial.

It has a range of techniques and applications, talks about the fascia as well as the muscles, trigger points, compressions and more.

Only downside is the kindle edition does not have the video with it like the hardback book does, which is disappointing. Maybe it will in the future? I probably ought to knock off a star for that, but the book is so good even in itself, well...I'm not.

Here's hoping the kindle version will include the video too (or at least access to it) sometime.
on 23 December 2014
Having purchased a number of similar books in the past year I can honestly say that in terms of synthesising Massage with Anatomy and Physiology this is an outstanding work. The pictorial overlays are superb as are the detailed descriptions. If you want to know how and why you carry out a plethora of massage techniques and thereby vastly improve your knowledge and understanding of the subject then this is the book for you. The accompanying CD is of high quality and adds another dimension to the learning process.
on 18 December 2015
Brilliant. Most useful for me is how bones and muscles are shown on a real body, so you can see exactly where they sit in the human form. Really helpful to me as a trainee massage therapist.
on 15 December 2012
This is a superb update of a brilliant book that I use daily for reference in my massage therapy practice. The pictures are superb, with wonderful overlays of anatomy that clearly show the structure and function of the particular muscles. The additional information about each muscle is extremely helpful in informing my practice with my clients. An excellent book for students and practitioners alike.

The book arrived in excellent condition, and was well packaged.
on 29 June 2014
This book is an amazing read. Very informative with excellent pictorial examples. I would definitely recommend this to any serious massage therapist
on 30 September 2015
Top class, the most useful book I used in my injury treatment clinic. The diagram over photo format is really clever, giving the practitioner the guidance to find which structures they need to work on.
on 7 February 2011
I brouht this book as I am now doing Clinical Advanced massage, this is a great book and has a DVD to compliment what you are reading, Easy to read easy to follow, you can add a few basic steps from this book to your own Massage routien
on 1 June 2014
Filled with clear drawings, pictures and organised in a way that makes it easy to read and use to lookup facts when needed.
on 10 February 2016
Great book thanks
on 10 November 2012
I recieved this item in super quick time and in perfect condition. It is exactly what I was looking for to start me off in a new career in sports massage.