Clinical Manual of Geriatric Psychopharmacology, Second Edition Paperback – 31 Mar 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Inside Flap
As the baby boomer generation has begun to reach retirement age, the need for specialized knowledge on geriatric psychopharmacology has grown. Clinical Manual of Geriatric Psychopharmacology, Second Edition, serves a vital need for an expanding patient population, offering specialized information not available elsewhere in a standardized, well-organized format that clinicians will find easy to use. Extensively updated from the first edition to reflect the large body of new literature, this edition covers all newly available drugs, new safety warnings, information about adverse effects, and efficacy for expanded or more limited indications. Information is presented as concise bulleted text, and key concepts are highlighted in boxes. This edition is compatible with the new Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5(R)).
Understanding the complex pharmacological changes that occur with aging is critical for psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, and all health professionals who prescribe and/or monitor medications for geriatric patients. Clinical Manual of Geriatric Psychopharmacology, Second Edition, is comprehensive, current, and serves a critical need for the busy clinician.
About the Author
Sandra A. Jacobson, M.D., is a Research Associate Professor at the University of Arizona College of Medicine -- Phoenix and Research Physician at Banner Sun Health Research Institute in Sun City, AZ.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
A must for every clinician who is involved with older adults.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Geriatrics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Anaesthetics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Pharmacology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychiatry