Clinical Governance: A Guide to Implementation for Healthcare Professionals Paperback – 24 Jan 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This book is a little treasure for anyone wanting to obtain practical, easy to read information about all aspects of clinical governance."
Nursing Times, 2 Oct 2007
From the Publisher
* New edition of popular accessible text
* Focuses on the needs of frontline staff
* Tackles practical implications of clinical governance in everyday practice
* Enables staff to improve clinical practice and deliver high quality care
* New chapter explores the impact of clinical governance within the NHS
* Includes reflective questions and case studies
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The authors discuss the social, political and professional factors that brought clinical governace to healthcare. They describe the components of effective clinical governance. They explain implementation of clinical governance and provide some case studies. There is also a detailed discussion of the barriers to implementing clinical governance. There are some questions to encourage readers to reflect at the beginning of each chapter. I found this quite stimulating and I felt much more engaged with the text in my quest for answers. You can compare your thoughts with the 'exercise answers' at the end of the chapter.
The downside is that the writing is so formal that it seems stilted. In their commendable effort to be thorough, the authors have also provided too much information. This turns an otherwise good book into a somewhat tedious read. Pity really, it could have earned five sparkling stars rather than three dull stars.
Simply put but not in a condesending way. Very well explain. Very useful.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Nursing
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Nursing