Clinical Epidemiology: The Essentials Paperback – 1 Feb 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There are more complete and exhaustive sources out there for much of the same material. However, since Clinical Epidemiology is a relatively non-uniform field, its different components would be found in pure Epidemiology texts, or pure Statistics texts. This means that the task of uniting the elements of the field is not so easy, or even common, to come by.
In my perspective, then, this book is best for those who would benefit from a study source with the all the material needed in one unique location.
For deeper reading, I would recommend buying the old but relevant Clinical Epidemiology by David Sackett and Gordon Guyatt, as well as perhaps Essential Medical Statistics, by Betty Kirkwood. The soon to come out JAMA User's Guide to the Medical Literature will likely continue to be a standard text in the area.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I wish the authors included more information on mortality and morbidity. It is certainly an improvement over the 4th edition.
Worth reading it!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Research & Equipment > Epidemiology & Medical Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Research & Equipment
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine