Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 October 2016
good to educate yourself if trying to get fit and great recipes.
on 18 October 2016
probably the healthiest diet aorund! It all makes sense. Easy to read. Full of valuable information.
on 4 May 2016
Very informative book with good recipes, of which I have already tried a few and they are very tasty. Would be nice to have some recipes that show ingredients for one person rather than 4. Also maybe a few less photos of the Mrs in a bikini - a couple are fine but don't go overboard.
on 8 July 2016
Just love it. Stone lost using this book. Life changing
on 17 August 2017
nice read
on 13 August 2017
Doesn't work
on 17 January 2015
I needed to change my relationship with food and came across this book in my search for something new that wasn't another weight loss diet where I'd lose weight but feel rubbish whilst on it & then pile the weight back on (& more) afterwards.

I felt fat (not surprising as I'm (or was!) 3 stone overweight), sluggish, tired all the time and generally not happy with my food (& alcohol) habits.

1 week in to the 2 week detox and I have lost 6 pounds, feel alive and feel this is the life change in my relationship with food I have been searching for.

The book itself is easy to read (I have the Kindle version) but irritating at times when there are errors in the recipes.(eg mentions tomatoes in the method section but not referred to in the ingredients).

It took a lot of time and effort to prepare for week 1 of the detox. A week ago foods like spelt, quinoa and chia seeds were not familiar to me at all and they along with organic meat and veg took some finding at various different supermarkets and health food shops. It cost a lot more too. I skipped the Bodyism shakes as my budget wouldn't stretch that far unfortunately. But the diet does work without them.

Working out how to do the exercises in the book (3 x 12 minutes sessions for week 1) took a bit of work and YouTube checking to make sure I was doing them right. So the week 1 easy exercise of 12 minutes took me half an hour.

I've just started week 2 and I'm getting the hang of it and feel like I'm falling in love with food again.

To experience the full benefits of the detox you should cut out the Caffeine, Refined sugar, Alcohol and Processed foods aka CRAP. I've done all of this and not found the change as difficult as I thought it would be. I'm missing a glass of wine or 2 in the evening but waking with a clear head in the morning is a great reward.

So far, and I know it's early days, I think this diet is the one for me - for life.

I give the diet 5 stars but knocked it down to 4 for this review due to the recipe errors and (to me) unhelpful exercise descriptions.
on 11 April 2016
This has really opened my eyes after years of yo yo dieting and eating low fat, didn't realise I was doing it wrong. So far I've completed 7 days and lost 2.5lbs. I don't feel bloated, im never hungry - in fact sometimes I'm not even hungry enough to eat my snacks, the foods/recipes are really tasty and there's some great advice in this book.
It's not necessarily a diet, more of a change in how you eat and sticking to it - a lifestyle change.
My only issue (and it's not really an issue!) Is that alot of the recipes are for 2-4 people and I'm cooking for just my self. It's hard to then portion it down to 1 person when there's a 1/4 of a teaspoon of something. But that's not really an issue.
I also haven't eaten fully Organic, I actually find it hard to find Organic products. He does mention it's not a necessity, it's more beneficial but if you can't afford Organic or don't want to eat Organic then it's fine. It's more about eating fresh and cutting out alcohol, sugar, processed foods and reducing caffeine.
Worth the read!
on 15 November 2013
I definitely need more willpower to really do this book justice. Will try again after Christmas and the New Year.
on 5 August 2015
I bought this on a health kick, wasn't all that impressed.
Food bill would be huge!