Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£28.33|
Save £1.19 (4%)
Classroom Management for Academic Success Kindle Edition
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The book starts of with information on why it is important to manage a classroom successfully (to increase academic performance and decrease stress) and goes on to explain Canter's Behavior Management cycle and how a teach can influence and expect appropriate behavior in the classroom.
The remainder of the book focuses on creating lesson plans for the first 10 days of school that focus on teaching different types of procedures each day and reviewing them throughout the week. A sample schedule is provided for you. In addition to the procedures taught, teachers will need to add their own academic requirements for these first few days. Each procedure is clearly defined and sample procedures that you are welcome to alter are given as examples. This 'road-map' help me as a novice teacher understand all the many different types of procedures that would be needed. As a veteran teacher, perhaps some of this is a refresher to you but for many this is now simply part of your routine and classroom culture. Procedures taught in this book include: working individual, with a buddy, in groups, at centers, sitting on a rug, class discussions, attention getting signals, in and out of seat transition, walking in line, leaving the classrooms, emergencies, starting and ending the day, going to pull out programs, lining up, lunch and recess, and more.
Additional information provided in the text includes a 2-week turn around program for students who are continual off task and a rules and polices section. This section includes topics on classroom rules, positive feedback, corrective actions, bringing materials to class, using materials, student comfort issues, student jobs, and more.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Curriculum Planning & Development
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Education > Education Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Education > Special Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Education > Teaching