- Hardcover: 96 pages
- Publisher: Crown House Publishing (30 April 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184590091X
- ISBN-13: 978-1845900915
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 2 x 17.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 515,346 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Little Book of Music for the Classroom (Independent Thinking Series) Using Music to Improve Memory, Motivation, Learning and Creativity (The Independent Thinking Series) Hardcover – 30 Apr 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Improving children s learning, motivation and engagement, this little book provides everything a teacher needs to get started. --Dr Sue Lyle, Head of CPD, Swansea Metropolitan University
...this adventurous book will challenge you as a teacher. … The ideas span the subjects and the book lays out its methods simply, with suggested music lists, tips and advice on how to implement each idea. --Pete Henshaw, Editor, SecEd
...explains how music can assist in problem-solving and recall as well as perhaps more obviously to act as a stimulus for creative thinking and writing. --Maria Boex, Chartered Teacher Manager at The General Teaching Council for Wales, Former Head of English
Nina Jackson is an inspirational teacher with a love of music and all that it can do to create a positive learning climate in the classroom.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I am a student and so read the book at a different angle to how tutors/teachers would read it. Nevertheless, it has helped me in my studies to develop my creativity and motivate me in so many different ways.
Even those who do not are not tutors can benefit from this powerful teaching tool. Particularly helpful are the specific named extracts that can enable a class of children to be stimulated in order to complete a task, or calm down at the end of a busy day. The book encourages you to find what works for you - do not underestimate it's power, it is a little book but the ideas contained within it can make a BIG difference.
Brilliantly structured, easy to dip in too full of accessible practical ideas!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well packaged and delivery was super speedy. This was just the book I was looking for as a reference book for encouraging little ones to appreciate musicPublished on 9 May 2014 by herronrath
Great ideas with real application possibilities that can positively change the classroom atmosphere and increase the pupils learning and the teachers enjoyment of his/her teaching.Published on 1 May 2013 by KS Alston
You might or might not be convinced about the ways music can help the learning process, but it's hard to trust a person who's so slipshod about her research that she can't even be... Read morePublished on 2 Mar. 2012 by Anthony Miles
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Motivation
- Books > Children's Books > Hobbies & Interests > Music
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies