Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Classics in Cartography: Reflections on Influential Articles from Cartographica Hardcover – 31 Dec 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Classics in Cartography provides an intellectually–driven reinterpretation of a selection of ten touchstone articles in the development of mapping scholarship over the last four decades. The classics are drawn exclusively from the international peer–review journal Cartographica and are reprinted in full here. They are accompanied by newly commissioned reflective essays by the original article authors, and other eminent scholars, to provide fresh interpretation of the meaning of the ideas presented and their wider, lasting impact on cartographic research.
The book provides an equal balance of influential articles from the past and current commentaries which highlight their impact and current context. Read in combination the original classic articles and these new reflective essays demonstrate how cartography works as a powerful representational form and explores how various different aspects of mapping practice have been conceptualized by an influential set of academic researchers.
- Collates classic articles from four decades of the journal Cartographica
- Brings key articles up–to–date with contemporary interpretative essays by the leading scholars in mapping research
- Themes covered are the epistemological of mapping practice, the ontological underpinnings of cartographic representation, and the contested societal implications of maps
- Evaluates the progression of the field of cartographic research and demonstrates how new theoretical ideas originate, develop and circulate
- Provides a signpost for students and new researchers on the key articles in cartography to read and reflect upon
Look for similar items by category