on 20 May 2011
I just recently got prescribed specs and as an upcoming nurse, you can't be asked to slug around a bulky glass case for the sake of infection control when your pockets are occupied with the handover sheet, your little note book, pen light etc etc etc. This comes in so handy. You hang it around your neck or or place the specs on top of you head (depending on what make you comfortable) and when your ready you just pop the specs onto your face :) Oh and let's not forget the lens cloth that we keep losing :( You don't need it :) Unravel the case and clean your lens and then pop it back onto your head or neck (again, depending on what makes you comfortable) or even... put your specs inside the case once you don't need them. Brilliant product :)
on 21 July 2011
Really impressed with this product. The strap connects onto the glasses arms tightly, giving confidence that you won't lose them if they're hanging round your neck. When using the strap as a protective lens cover, it attaches quickly and easily and provides effective soft cover for the glasses. Only thing preventing a 5 star review is a slight twisting of the strap when used as a protective cover. Very minor complaint though - for the price, very pleased.
on 7 October 2011
Frankly the struggle to get this product to function correctly in lens protection mode on 'Wraparound' style Sunglasses was so frustrating that most users will probably only use it in retainer and cleaning cloth mode. A neat idea, undermined by long minutes of the material continuously slipping off the lenses.. an alternative, the Chums Neo retainer helps your sunglasses float, which for water sports fans will probably be more useful.

18/10/2011 - Update to review:
The problem with using 'lens protection' mode does seem to depend on the frame style, it is much easier to use on some frame designs than others, however there is another drawback to this function.. got a wet, sweaty or sun creamed neck?.. then when you switch to 'lens protection' mode, that is going to get transferred to the lenses of your sunglasses.. rendering both 'protection' and 'cleaning cloth' mode rather less desirable.
This item is probably best used for sunglasses kept in the glove compartment of your car.
on 24 September 2013
I bought one of these to replace one of the traditional sports straps with the elastic strip and a plastic loop to put on your frames which I've found can make your glasses press into your face. Simply slot in the arms of your glasses into the retaining part of the strap and then wear - I found it was much better and easier to use and didn't have the issue of the clip by your ear which gets in the way of a bike helmet. I must confess I didn't use the cleaner function as the band was usually too sweaty after use as I only use it for sports but it does feel really secure and is quick to dry even after a rinse. The roll-out cloth would be good for protecting the lens on a flight when you don't want your glasses on but want them kept close by (e.g. when sleeping)

I managed to lose mine when on holiday so I have ordered 2 more today so I have a spare :]
on 24 March 2015
I have reached the age where:

1. I need glasses for distance
2. I need to take my glasses off for reading
3. I can never remember where I put my glasses when I took them off to read!

This resolves that problem - when I take them off, they're dangling round my neck ready to be put back on when needed.

Aside from solving that problem, it works very well as a cleaning cloth. I have tried it as a case, but have to admit I prefer the hard case that the optician gave me as it provides more protection.

I have had one of these for several years and it works so well I decided to buy a second one as I hate to be without it when it's in the wash (machine washable). The old one can now go on my spare pair of glasses.
on 14 October 2011
Extremely happy with this item. I was looking for something to stop my sunglasses flying off when sailing. The item not only does this but also provides a protective cover for the lenses and is a lens cleaner too. Highly recommended!
on 23 August 2011
long time searched for a handy item like this. I use it every day at least 8hrs a day without any complaints. I love it.
on 7 January 2013
Didn't believe this would be any good. Excellent buy for walkers etc. At last husband knows where his glasses are.
on 4 September 2013
This is a great idea if like me you engage in sport while wearing glasses / sunglasses. It's very lightweight but great at saving your glasses from flying off your head! The cloth 'case' is also very good for cleaning your glasses. Not sure how long it'll last for daily usage but still working / looking fine after two months so far!
on 22 April 2014
I need a 'necklace' which will fit [over the ends of] my thick spec frames. But I don't like thin + long necklaces round my neck with frames swinging about. These 'Hides' are perfect solution: cloth, expand, right length - AND you have a wee lens cleaner too!