Customer reviews

on 29 September 2017
As a football referee all the whistles I used before where good but often players didn't react to the call I did and played on. With the Fox40 I was shocked my self when blow into it the very first time. It's such a massive whistle that everyone will stop immediately. The first match I was blowing init to much so I still had a ringing in my ear next day. LOVE THIS WHISTLE and will get it again if I need a replacement. For UK buyers it takes a couple of weeks as it comes from Canada/USA but it's worth the wait.
on 10 May 2017
man this whistle makes everyone listen, when you blow on it next to someone they're all crying about how it hurts their ears and stuff so its super.

when someone annoys you just blow this in their face and walk away, works every time

when refereeing football, works like a charm, everyone can hear me, heck they even stop to cover their ears.

you might go a bit deaf though, side effect, wear ear plugs
on 23 August 2016
I bought this whistle to replace my Fox 40 Pearl whistle for Football Refereeing. The Fox 40 Classic has a much better tone, and is also a lot louder than my previous whistle. I would definately recommend this whistle for refereeing as the players instantly stop once you've blown it, it's not easy to ignore! Overall a great whistle, and as it has no ball inside it, it cannot somehow get stuck. This means there is one less thing to go wrong which is definately a good thing while reffing an intense match.
The whistle actually arrived before the date specified, which is great.
on 11 October 2017
Ear-splitting. Seriously, do not use indoors, you'll decimate your ear drums.

Higher pitched than I expected; Originally wanted to use it for marshalling (referee whistle) but instead packed it into my survival/camping bag as an emergency whistle - there is absolutely no way at all people walking on the same mountain as you will not hear this. Tested with a friend in the countryside, could be heard an obscene distance away.
on 3 November 2015
It's okay but not as loud as the Acme Tornado
on 30 January 2015
Great whistle but only when you get used to blowing it properly. You have to almost push your tongue against the tip and then remove it to give a sharp burst of air. If you just go to blow through it you'll get a very feeble whistle. Don't let this put you off its loud when you get it going right. Better than the ACME thunderer.
on 10 October 2014
I wanted this whistle in case I need to call for help and can't phone or shout. It arrived in good time and was adequately packed. Oh, and it's a good powerful whistle.
on 12 October 2017
The dog responds to it. It has no moving parts ans won't stick to your lips when it is cold. I have had louder whistles
Service was good
on 28 May 2016
Good product with good pitch and does the job perfectly as my son is a basketball referee.. Great price and excellent packaging.
on 21 October 2017