on 21 July 2015
I have been looking for one of these jackets for a while. After I watched Rambo first blood. I have looked around and some of them are scandalous prices. I found this supplier by accident and went for the medium size as recommended. It turned up about the time I was going to contact the seller so it took a while but they did advise this would be the case. This jacket does not and will not disappoint. To confirm it has a button in warm layer which can be removed. High collar and a fully active hood that is inside the zip collar. Not just a fashion statement it does work. There are four pockets on the front which the two bottom pockets are very large. There are no internal pockets but not a problem. I bought this jacket and paid only £38 for medium size. I am looking forward to a bit bad weather so I can give it a proper field test. Love the design and I will state again well worth a risk. I have found similar for over double the price with no active hood or warm removable inner layer. One last point. There are both a zip and fasteners on main jacket.

just to add as of 03/09/15 I have used this jacket almost none stop and it is so comfy. I have also ordered the separate winter hood which attaches very easily and is very warm. Sincerely I prefer this jacket to many of my expensive goretex equivalents
on 26 November 2012
As someone raised in the 70's and 80's around a lot of Yanks in East Anglia, and owning a genuine version of this jacket, I can tell you now that this is the closest you will come to the real thing!

I am simply astonished at the attention to detail, quality and value for money!

Its now been on my back in the showers of rain of Autumn/winter 2012 without getting me wet once. Its smile inducing at the least...

Great coat, great value, great buy..
on 8 November 2014
It took a very long time to arrive, but that's the sellers fault.
The coat itself is almost perfect. It's an excellent copy of a classic design, this is the coat that toy soldiers wore when I was a boy, and your favourite antiheroes wore on screen.
It's very warm and very comfortable. It's rained almost everyday since it arrived, and although not waterproof, it's at least showerproof. Well constructed, and packed in a deceptively small packet.
Lovely big pockets too.
As for fit, I'm 6'3" , but sadly also overweight, and it's a good fit for me (3XL). It does goes all the way up to 5XL, but I suppose it's designed to be worn over a full uniform.
on 20 June 2012
I am 48 to 49 inches in the chest, 18 inch shirt collar size and 5'11'' tall. Sometimes I take an XL or a XXL. I went for the XL and got a close tailored fit. Just what I want as the jacket goes over my office shirt when I ride my scooter to work. If you are my size and want a jumper on underneath go fo a XXL. In the mornings the linner will be in but in the summer I can take that out in a minute and enjoy a cool ride home. I like the extra length in the sleeves, perfect for going over gloves on the ride to work. You can easy adjust them if you want them shorter. I am very pleased with this. Only time will tell how it wears. Made in Germany so it should be good. Solid looking brass zip on the front and a plastic zip for the hood.
I will update you after a few months testing!
I ordered about 1130 monday morning and nearly got it inside 24 hours but for the carrier driver going to the wrong house. Still they came back the next day. I only went for the free delivery so was very impressed except for the carrier (DPD) who said I was out when I was sitting outside my house waiting for them. Still the driver did put his hands up and admit he never arrived.
Overall well pleased with the jacket and the dealer.
Today in March 2015 still very pleased with this jacket.
55 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2016
Have bought Mil-Tec clothing before and found their jackets to be decent quality so this was one of the main reasons I chose the association again. Have only worn this jacket a couple of times to date so its still early days. I noted the advice advising to buy the size down from your normal which I did and it's a good fit, warm too and has a removeable lining to accommodate our weather temperatures. Up to now quite pleased with the purchase.
on 22 November 2013
Id been looking for a jacket like this for some, I wanted something I could wear when walking the dog that was warm, hard wearing, and washable when you get muddy paw marks all over it, this seems to fit the bill. Two things which I like is that the hood don't bulk out but lays flat and the sleeves can extend to cover the hands all in all a good purchase.
on 24 November 2013
I was looking for an army style jacket and I am very happy to have found this one.
Great price and from what I have seen from Vietnam type films looks very genuine.
As I am 6'5 I am happy to have purchased XXL and especially happy with the length of the sleeves.
It should be good in the cold with the inner lining left in and should also be good when the weather gets warmer with the lining taken out.
The jacket has a sturdy looking zip (only time will tell, and as a previous reviewer claimed 'as it is German should be well made) and I am sure this jacket will last a good few years but I am going to put it on my wish list so my wife could buy me one or two for the future just in case these jackets stop getting made at this wonderful price.
Grab one at this price while you can!
on 19 June 2014
I'm really pleased with this purchase - great quality and perfect fit as well as being exceptional value for money.
on 28 May 2015
As a Nam Vet I remember the original issue back in the day, these very faithful to what we wore then
on 21 September 2013
Great piece of kit, very pleased with the coat, fit is good with liner in and very warm too!
unfortunately not waterproof but this is the case for all jackets of this type and I knew before purchase.