on 20 March 2014
I have tried several times to get into this series of books however they don't hit the mark like true Tom Clancy novels.
Personnel taste I know but have drifted into the Sean Dillon series of books by jack Higgins until Tom comes alongh with more of his original material
on 12 May 2016
Typical thriller by Tom Clancy highly enjoyable. Highly recommended.
on 30 December 2014
good author collect his novels
on 19 September 2014
Great Book
on 18 March 2009
I was a big fan of the game and welcomed the idea of the book with enthusiasm. I added it to my shopping basket on amazon without too much thinking of it. Then I got it, then I started reading it, then I put it down...

The main character starts as Sergeant Major on the first page and becomes a Captain with no apparent reason 20 pages later... The ambush is as exciting and realistic as watching a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie (I came across a couple of them recently on TV and they are as bad as it can be).

Maybe later the plot and the author's skills improve but I wasn't able to get as far into this book.

Don't bother.
3 people found this helpful
on 14 February 2012
Not very good, very predictable. I always thought I liked Tom Clancy, but this title is not for me. It's simplistic and very formulaic. Without wishing to sound patronising, a good book for a younger reader looking for a simple war story.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2013
You need to be very careful when buying this and any other of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon books.
I feel duped but I did allow it to happen so maybe I should feel ashamed!
This book is not written by Tom Clancy!!! Look closer at the cover. At the bottom it actually tells you who wrote it. Being a busy traveller I did not give the entire cover attention when i picked this book up at Orlando recently and in fairness to myself...why would i need to? I was buying Tom Clancy, therefore i know what i am getting.
This is nothing of the sort. It is very poor.
on 8 November 2009
it is probably the best book i read this year! It just grips you and involves you from page 1! it's non stop action with a great pacing slowing down here and there just to give you a better picture of what is happening, i read it in one day and when i finished i just wanted more!
2 people found this helpful