Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 22 January 2014
This was a beautiful written short story. I was transported to all the places he described and felt relaxed and invested in the story and actions of the main character Jack. This short story shows the diversity of the author, it's completely different to his debut "Sex In The Title" but still holds the quality and high standard he sets himself when producing work for his ever growing audience. We are inside the mind of Jack a New Yorker boarding the subway and noticing a beautiful women, from there his mind wonders to past and future possibilities. I think everyone can relate to having one of these encounters at some point in their lives. The author takes us on a picturesque journey through the mind eye of Jack and it's a wonderful psyche to explore. He then finishes in Zack Love's signature way that has gained him such an adoring fan base. This author is unique, talented and quirky like no other, his standard of work is of a higher quality than a lot of books out there. He is the real deal, watch this space I predict amazing things for this author
on 24 January 2014
We all know and love the author of Sex in the Title, right?! Riiiight?! Well, his newly released short story, "City Solipsism", reveals a very different side to him. Zack Love is no longer his charming, good- natured, playful and absolutely hilarious self, but this deeply reflective, brooding, acutely insightful and emotionally astute writer concerned with the complexity of human psychology and philosophical aspects of life.I'm genuinely impressed by his artistry with words and his ability to concentrate so much thought and emotion in less than twenty pages.This story has affected me to the core and left me wondering...

Thank you, Zack Love for reminding me why i started reading in the first place!!!
5 very bright stars from me!
on 25 January 2014
I don't normally go for short stories as I like to get my teeth into a good chunky novel but this is Zack Love we are talking about, debut book Sex In The Title (which should be made into a film btw)so I just had to buy it. Zack Love is like no other author I have come across, his writing is just awesome. In this short story we enter the mind of Jack a New Yorker (I love a New Yorker) who travels on the subway with his eye on a beautiful young lady. This journey transports him back (in his mind) to a previous journey with a similar encounter but with a totally different ending - Zack Love you are a tease!!!!! Go on, buy it, you won't regret it :)Sitting with foot tapping and fingers itching for the next masterpiece!!
on 22 January 2014
well i have a few things to say about this short story !! If you travel by train or subways frequently i doubt you will ever look around you again in the same light, and if you don't travel by train or subway then still read it, for an inside look at the travellers, their hopes and expectations of the journey !!
Guy see's attractive woman and ponders and muse's about life and maybe just maybe gettin it on with her and who knows what else?? Marriage? kids?
This one has a little sting in the tail!!! Definitely had me laughing till i had sore ribs !!!!!

GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN !!
on 26 January 2014
I have similar encounter's riding to and from work every day on the bus but i've never really stopped to think the situation through all that much as i usually have my face in a book. After reading this short story I will be looking at it from a different perspective from now on.
Delving into this guys mind was very intriguing, weird and wonderful all at the same time. Having thoughts and mini dreams about another person when you've not uttered a single word to them, surely we can all empathise with this as we've all been there, (daydreaming) whether its about someone or something, but to actually have the courage to do anything about it is admiring in the least.
The ending made me laugh but also I thought aaahhhh man strike out!!

Zack Love again gets into the zone and delivers another excellant read.
on 27 January 2014
I have to say it's refreshing to know that men are apprehensive about speaking to women they have just met. In today's literary fiction it's all too much 'alpha male' this and 'dominate' that, which gives a very false glance into the often female interpreted male psyche. That's not to say I don't enjoy reading that stuff! If it's hot, bring it on!! But yes I enjoyed this honest short story. It's just a shame things didn't progress for him, after all I'm a hopeless romantic and I would've enjoyed the male POV of that. So maybe Zack could write something 'Dominatingly Alpha Hot' how about it?? Well done x a good honest short x
on 21 May 2014
When I started City Solipsism I didn't know what to expect, but what I got was all around brilliance. I love that Zack isn't afraid to write books that are completely different than what I'm used to reading. This is one of those books; it is definitely one of the most insightful writings you will read.
Jack is your ordinary guy and I enjoyed getting inside his head and know what he was thinking. I mean we all do it. We set somewhere a doctor office, a subway, a restaurant and look at the people around us. Wondering what they are thinking, where they're going or what it would be like to talk to them and get to know them better.
I love how intriguing Jack's character is. He is always thinking of the outcome and pondering around the what if's. He is one of those that believe things happen for a reason including a chance encounter with a beautiful woman. I felt bad for Jack when we get a little insight on his past relationships. I wanted him to find that Florence was definitely put in his path for some wonderful reason. I felt so bad for him when he and she go their separate ways and he doesn't speak to her. You are just left wondering where it will all lead. And let me add that the ending is priceless and just outstanding.
So if you love to read something a little different and get into the head of a man who can't seem to understand why the beautiful woman beside him was put there then you need to give this little short story a read. It's definitely worth reading and a wonderful book.
on 6 February 2014
Say what you like about Zack Love but there is one thing that cannot be denied - this man has a real talent when it comes to writing. City Solipsism could not be any more different from Sex In The Title, but it is without a doubt every bit as good. As the saying goes: All good things come in small packages - and that certainly rings true for this beautifully written short story.
on 22 January 2014
This was a sweet story told by Jack about his short encounter with Florence one morning on the commute to work. You get to see the pictures running though his mind as he reminisces about past experiences, all the while traveling on the train to work. The best part is that Zack Love puts a humorous spin on the story that only he can deliver and we love him for it!
on 28 January 2014
Really enjoyed this insightful short story about Jack's encounter on a train journey.It was short and sweet and not normally going for a short story I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Zack Love is a delightful new author and having read his previous Sex In The Title I knew this would not let me down.