- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Policy Press (19 May 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1861344449
- ISBN-13: 978-1861344441
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 2.5 x 23.1 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,303,569 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
City Matters: Competitiveness, Cohesion and Urban Governance Paperback – 19 May 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
City matters presents the results of the most important study programme ever conducted to examine British cities. The authors are the leading authorities in their fields, and they place their findings within a broad theoretical and analytic framework. This is essential reading for anyone concerned about the condition of urban Britain and indeed about urban processes in general. Susan S. Fainstein, Professor of Urban Planning, Columbia University, New York, USA
... a storehouse of delights. There is something here to inform most observers of regeneration. Regeneration & Renewal
... illuminating and thought-provoking. There is much research presented here that warrants serious examination and assessment. Environment and Planning A
About the Author
Martin Boddy is Professor of Urban and Regional Studies and Associate Dean in the Faculty of the Built Environment at the University of the West of England, Bristol. Michael Parkinson is Director of the European Institute for Urban Affairs, Liverpool John Moores University.