The City of London: Volume II Golden Years, 1890-1914: Golden Years, 1890-1914 Vol 2 Paperback – 6 Jun 1996
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"[An] enthralling history...He illustrates it with rich anecdotes, an extraordinary range of sources, and lively writing. It is a wonderful piece of work" (Financial Times)
"Overflows with lines that leap off any front page today...Great history" (New Statesman & Society)
"His City towers over the Thames basin, an ant hill of energy, speculation and greed. The story is never dry, for Kynaston tells it as human drama...This is economic history as its most glittering" (The Times)
The second volume of David Kynaston's critically acclaimed history of the City, this is a fascinating journey into the financial heart of London through the golden years, 1890- 1914.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Finance and Stock Market History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > History
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > 20th Century
- Books > History > Social & Cultural > Local & Urban > London
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups