- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
City Hunter (1993) (Eureka Classics) Blu-ray
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
(Sep 24, 2018)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Jackie Chan stars as the girl-chasing private detective Ryo Saeba in this hilarious live-action adaptation of the popular Japanese manga series, City Hunter, presented from a stunning new 2K restoration!
Hired to track down Shizuko Imamura, the runaway daughter of a publishing tycoon, Ryo initially turns the job down... until he sees a picture of the missing woman! Ryo eventually finds her aboard a luxury cruise ship, but much to the annoyance of his exasperated assistant Carrie ( Joey Wang, A Chinese Ghost Story), Ryo seems more interested in catching Shizuko s attention than returning her safely to her father. When terrorists hijack the ship, Ryo must put his romantic feelings aside and swing into action to dispatch the bad guys and save the day.
Packed with inventive action sequences coordinated by an at his peak Chan, City Hunter is one of the most visually creative films of Jackie s career - with a vibrant cinematography and a quirky sense of humour. Eureka Classics is proud to present the film for the first time in the UK on Blu-ray.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- Limited edition slipcase (First print run only)
- Stunning 1080p presentation from a brand new 2K restoration
- Original Cantonese mono audio track (also available in 5.1 presentation)
- Optional English and Mandarin audio tracks | Interviews with Jackie Chan
- Interview with director Wong Jing
- Interview with stuntman and long-time member of Jackie Chan s stunt team, Rocky Lai
- The Jackie Chan Experience - an interview with Richard Norton
- Evolution of a Fighter - an interview with Gary Daniels
- Outtake montage
- A Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film (First print run only)
"Lively and stylish" --LA Times
"City Hunter is stylistically rich, and about as perfect a comic book adaptation as you could ask for" --Silveremulsion.com
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 25 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Chan plays a private detective named Ryun (taken from the anime comic strip character of the same name) who has to track down a wealthy businessman's runaway daughter. On his way to finding the daughter on a cruise ship, he finds the ship taken over by terrorists played by Richard Norton and Gary Daniels. Chan's fight scenes with both Norton and Daniels are brilliantly choreographed. The highlight is when Chan and Daniels transform into characters from the arcade game Street Fighter.
I was unsure I would like this film after reading mixed reviews on it but I decided to buy it and I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it from start to finish and was laughing all the way through at the comedy.
There are an array of extras on the DVD with interviews from Chan, Norton and Daniels so its worth checking out.
The transfer on the film is pretty good. Not all the extras are HD, with some being archival stuff. I did enjoy a lot of the interview though. So the extras get a thumbs up.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?