- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1996 KB
- Print Length: 280 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press (11 Mar. 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IY2UPQ0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #592,098 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£13.99|
Save £11.87 (85%)
Cipher Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Author: SE Bennett
Release Date: 14th March 2014
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge,2016 Blogger Shame
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Cipher Omega is a failed experiment, an identical clone of the brilliant, damaged woman whose genome the scientists of the Basement were trying to copy and improve. All her life she has dreamt of life outside the laboratory, on the surface world, but when her home is destroyed and she’s left the only survivor of a hundred-year human cloning project, she is forced to face the reality of the military-ruled nation that created her. Aided by the only other surviving child of the Basement, an enigmatic solider named Tor, and two rebel freedom fighters named Bowen and Oona Rivers, Cipher finds herself searching for answers, at any cost.
Cipher was a good read, it was fast paced and I really got the message about what actually makes you human that seemed to be running through it. The first chapter was actually an event from near the end of the book, and it had me intrigued from the start, and then even more so when odd events happened compared to what I knew about that. The technique was also used a little bit within chapters too.
It was easy to remember that Cipher was only 16, but that was tempered with a slightly more mature outlook based on the fact that she'd been through so much grief, as well as a non-childhood. As a clone she was kept hidden from the world in general and that meant that she was brought up in a more sterile environment.
However, Cipher's biggest flaw in the eyes of her creators is that she is capable of loving and wants affection.Read more ›
We have a strong heroine who is not afraid to stand up for herself and an interesting set of supporting characters (go Team Tor!). My only critiques are that for a smart girl, Cipher certainly has some dumb moments, and some of the sci fi stuff at times is a bit overdone and becomes a bit of a get-out-of-jail-free card. Overall, however, an enjoyable read.
It made me reading the book faster than usual. Cipher is a likeable character, one who is aware of the problems she’s in and keeps fighting. The storyline was really great, but I have really mixed feelings about the love triangle. I have gone off love triangles as a rule, I believe. They are everywhere, in any story and it's just ... I am a little tired of it.
But otherwise it was a really good story!
Most recent customer reviews
Really strong lead character and an interesting mystery story line. I have to admit, I got who she was cloned from but didn't guess who was behind the act that destroyed her home. Read morePublished on 28 Sept. 2014 by Nigel Sheepwash
This story kept me gripped form the first few pages and I read it in one day. The character development is good and makes you want to know more about them as the story goes on. Read morePublished on 4 May 2014 by Mr C J Bennett
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult