Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£23.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 24 August 2007
While Cinq Fois Deux the movie concentrates on a failed marriage, deconstructed in reverse chronology, the soundtrack is a more romantic proposition. As I have no frame of reference for this type of music - classic Italian crooners from the 1960s and 1970s - I can't really comment on the different singers (including Paolo Conte, Gino Paoli, Luigi Tenco and Nico Fidenco). All I can say is that it creates an incredibly atmospheric, sensual mood which is far removed from the cynical undercurrents to François Ozon's film. Whereas the movie does its best to undermine the idea of love, these unpretentious love songs might help you believe in it again. While in the film the music is used as a slightly ironic counterpoint to the themes of unfaithfulness, deceit and jealousy, the music carries none of this baggage. Beautiful.
on 2 October 2008
Sometimes you rarely notice a song on a movie, sometimes you notice the song and it compliments the scene. The one thing that made this film stand out so much to me was, in fact, its music.

Wow. I can only say I am not familiar with any of the singers/musicians but the tracks are AMAZING. Funny that a French movie should use an entire Italian OST. I much rather buy the CD and remember the movie FROM the music and what it MADE ME FEEL than buy the movie itself. (The movie is great too but the CD can be played over and over and over)
on 4 February 2011
This is one of the best CDs of Italian music-if not the very best-I have ever listened to. It literally travels me to the Italy of my imagination every time I listen to it (I've never been there myself you see....). I was in the HMV store off Market Street in Manchester looking around-just a couple of days before I leave the UK for good-after studying there for about 7 years or so. This music was on, and I was enchanted; instinctively, I started moving to the rhythm. In no time I went straight to the guy working there inquiring after it. No question that I didn't leave the store without my own copy. When I came back to my home country, I made the big mistake of lending it to a friend-we lost touch, and it was never returned back to me. As I had serious withdrawal symptoms without it, I decided to place an order for it at Amazon. I got it promptly as usual, and ever since I literally cannot have enough of it. Watch out, this is the CD I'm talking about:-) As you have already guessed I more than highly recommend it. The film by Ozon is a great watch too, for those of you who haven't watched it yet. Enjoy and dream of bella Italia!!!!
on 18 September 2009
As a Norwegian who loves French Films and music + Italian Films and Music. This days this cd is often in my cd-player. Relaxing music, though I do not understand the language.