- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Churchill's Cold War: The 'Iron Curtain' Speech That Shaped the Postwar World Hardcover – 17 May 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Well researched and documented … an illuminating book' --Times Literary Supplement
'White conjures atmosphere beautifully. Here is a detailed account of the place where the speech was given, and the timbre of the times. Books of this kind depend upon prose and pacing, and White has produced a gloriously readable account' --Daily Telegraph
About the Author
Philip White was born in England where his interest in Churchill and British history began with family accounts of London in the Blitz. He now lives with his wife and sons in Kansas City, in the American Midwest, the location of Winston Churchill's Iron Curtain speech, which is the subject of his first book. As a journalist in the United States he has contributed to publications including Relevant and Nylon magazine in New York.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics