- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
A Christmas Horror Story [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£7.75 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Exactly one year ago on Christmas Eve in the small isolated town of Baileys Down, two high school students were slaughtered in a sadistic blood-soaked ritual in the basement of their school. With the crime remaining unsolved three friends decide to get to the bottom of the mystery. However what they uncover is proof of the existence of Krampus, a mythological demon and the Anti-Santa who hunts down the wicked to give them what they deserve and now he has his sights set on them.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) The first subplot consists of Santa (George Buza) and his wife Marta (Debra McCabe) getting ready for Christmas when an elf zombie outbreak happens. "Stay back Jingles!"
2) Dangerous Dan (William Shatner) is a radio host on Christmas eve. He brings in the Christmas spirit by saying things like "Let's throw another eggnog on the fire." There is an unknown commotion going on at the mall.
3) Three high school kids, Dylan, Ben and Molly (Shannon Kook, Alex Ozerov, Zoé De Grand Maison ) are doing some investigative reporting at St. Joseph Academy where 2 kids were brutally killed last year. The school also has a story of a supposed virginal conception and abortion.
4) Officer Scott (Adrian Holmes) who investigated the murders is together with his wife and child this Christmas. He is setting a bad example by poaching a tree off of posted land.
5) A family visits their rich aunt (Corinne Conley) in hopes of getting her to invest in a company. While there, the insolent teen Duncan (Percy Hynes White) breaks an old statue of a Krampus.
The film takes place in the fictional town of Baily Downs (Ginger Snaps, Orphan Black). Krampus has become the latest rage in Christmas horror films, and in that regard, this one is the best. In fact, I would go as far as to say I enjoyed this as much as the iconic "Silent Night Deadly Night." There was scene where I was lulled into a false sense of security and then they made me jump. I haven't done that in a while.
This is a keeper.
It's a snow laden Christmas Eve in the small American town of Bailey Downs and we follow a few different townsfolk as they negotiate their own little Christmas horror stories. We get a trio of highschoolers investigating a brutal double murder, a little boy who gets lost in the woods and returns a little different, a bickering family who realise they may have been a little naughty this year and at the North Pole, even Santa and his elves are having a bloody Christmas. Amidst it all, Shatners brilliantly (un)steady hand is at the wheel, tying things together in short interludes as the local DJ pulling a double shift.
It's not an anthology film as such, the stories are told simultaneously and we jump back and forth between tales which gives the film some impetus. It plays out with a creepy atmosphere and there's the occasional good scare along the way but it's more absurdly fun rather than terrifying in any way. Stick around for the end credits to get a little more of an increasingly eggnog afflicted Shatner.
Actually a very good film. Several stories in one and although they don't link up as obviously as you might think, they definitely tie together. Sometimes horror films can leave you feeling cheated or deflated, this one definitely doesn't do that and although it's pretty creepy at times, it's not a full blown scream-fest. Enough gore to keep you interested without going overboard.
I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys the horror genre.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very poor movie. I really wanted to switch off after thirty minutes. I wish I did. J Counsell.Published 23 days ago by Lincoln
shame I couldn't rate this 0. Don't waste your time watching this, you will never get it back.Published 1 month ago by June Fulthorpe
I didn't expect much from this but as surprised by the quality and story overall. Could have done with a little more in terms of the stories being connected, but the conclusion of... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Emma