on 11 November 2014
UPDATE:

I'm more than halfway through this book now, and I'm forced to knock two stars off my original four-star review. I'm finding this book to be frustrating and disorganised now, with new terms that are poorly explained, and new concepts glossed over quickly requiring that I look elsewhere for better explanations. I understand that it's best to cross-reference study materials anyway, but with this book I find myself doing so far more often than with any of my other CCNA resources. After what seemed to be a great start, things have gone downhill a lot. I'm going to try to stick with this to the end, and will update this review upon completion of the entire book. But at this point, I see a big difference in the quality of the explanations and examples. Very disappointing.

---------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I'm only about a quarter of the way through the book, and I'm loving it so far. It's low on techno-babble, and easy to read. HOWEVER, from what I've read thus far, I would recommend this as a SUPPLEMENT to other sources. I've already worked my way through the CBT Nuggets CCNA video course, and thankfully have a good idea already of what Chris Bryant discusses in his own book. But without some prior knowledge, I think I'd have had some trouble working through this. I think Chris sometimes takes for granted that the reader already knows certain concepts or navigation of the Cisco command line, and I found myself thinking "I'm glad I've already covered this elsewhere."

I'm enjoying reading this as a way of solidifying what I already know, and discovering some things that weren't covered elsewhere. But if you're completely new to Cisco or even networking in general, I recommend first watching the CBT Nuggets CCNA videos series by Jeremy Cioara. Otherwise you may find some of this a little unclear.

Recommended, but not for complete beginners.
on 30 March 2015
Great service, but not worth the money. Self written and poorly edited with rudimentary grammatical mistakes. Go to either Cisco, or Juniper, for a more in depth explanation of their and other networking system and solutions.
on 21 January 2015
Excellent book from a guy who really knows his stuff. Really useful especially in conjunction with his videos online on Udemy
on 23 July 2015
not a bad guide, but not in order of current ccna curriculum
on 9 August 2014
Amazingly good.
on 1 January 2015
good to read
on 29 September 2015
I have had opportunities to read other Cisco materials but this Book makes studying for CCNA a delight. I recommend for all
on 28 May 2016