Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 November 2011
This book would be wonderful in a school or university careers library. It gives some fantastic information about 'types' of course and groups together areas of study by broader interest. Additionally, it has dedicated pages for each subject listed, showing which universities offer the course, which courses might have higher entrance requirements etc.

For personal use, I found the book a bit limited. I had a rough idea of which courses I might like to study which meant that only twenty or so pages from the whole book were relevant to me. Some more 'niche' subjects were also not listed, or just bundled in with more common listings which was a little frustrating.

The introduction of the book is very insightful - this author has some excellent things to say about the university application process/ how to select a course etc etc. I would recommend his other, non course specific books.

However, as far as this particular book goes, if you are looking for information on any less than 5 or so courses, I would suggest you just do your research via ucas.
on 12 February 2013
I bought this for somebody else. I had used all of Brian Heap's books when I was a Head of VIth form. I found them invaluable and got this book to give a young neighbour an insight into what was available. I could not understand why it was not a staple of his VIth form.
on 3 December 2012
Hardly any information to help you choose a degree course - just a basic list of courses on offer and a list on basic information about universitys.

Suppliments from newspapers had more helpful information.

Not worth the cost.
on 12 October 2010
Given the news that students now face uncapped tuition fees I want to make sure my daughter starts her student career knowing she's made the right university choice (and indeed right degree choice) for her investment. So far, this seems like a comprehensive overview of all the degree courses and universities in the UK as well as having some useful stuff on key things to consider when making her university choice. I'm hopeful that (after a thorough readthrough, naturally!) this'll help her make that now even more important considered decision about her future.
on 14 August 2000
In my case Heap informed me of the top schools to go to for Business but when it comes to getting lower grades he does not tell of the good universities that have a low entry level, basically the best of the worst. I now seek more specific information on business studies at universities that Heap has not mentioned. I know it is almost impossible to tell of everything but for twenty quid i expected more. Now i feel that i need more information and Mr Heap knows the answers but i cannot get in touch with him, even through E-Mail
on 17 March 2012
bought for son to help choose a degree course and uni good book if your not sure what course to take contains basic info on individual courses
on 15 December 2013
CONSIDER YIG
GOOD ADVICE
GET IT BEFORE CHOOSING DEGREE OR COLLEGE
NO USE FOR OX OR CAMB ETC ETC ?
on 15 December 2014
I'm sure this is useful summary and may open a students eyes to wider career options.
on 8 October 2014
Good quality book and fast delivery - thanks