on 17 August 2013
On Amazon you will also find the original broadway recording, I specifically wanted this version, the London cast recording. I'm sure the other version is very good to be fair.

This is a really good CD, I tend to buy the CDs for every musical I see on stage but for some reason waited quite a while before buying this. I never buy from the theatre as their prices are always more expensive than Amazon's, and the fact that I got this one second hand made it even cheaper.

The songs are all great, sung very well, the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I don't like them as much as the movie versions. Maybe I just prefer the movie versions because that's how I first heard them.
on 2 September 2002
If you haven't seen the stage musical this cast recording is a great calling card for the new West End hit. It relives memories of the gorgeous sets and memorable scenes from the production, the great all-star cast, and the wonderful, hummable music from the show. Compared to the musical score from the 1968 movie on which the stage musical is based, this new recording modernizes the movie's score, presents the classic songs in a livelier tempo, includes new songs and rewrites some of the lyrics -- making the score a perfect musical accompaniment for the lively stage production.
The voices are good, Michael Ball in particular (he has a new song, TEAMWORK, which shows off his powerful voice as well as the beautiful and sweet notes of the lullaby HUSHABYE MOUNTAIN}. You will also enjoy the classic Toots Sweet, Posh, You Too, Me Ol Bamboo, The Roses of Success, Truly Scrumptious and a few more songs adapted from the movie. But nothing will set you cheering and thumping more than the Oscar-nominated title song -- CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG! See the show - if you can't, this wonderful, fantasmagorical recording will set you dreaming about a magical flying car that soars into the night skies!
14 people found this helpful
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 28 July 2009
This show is all about childhood memories and making memories for a new generation. The original West End cast recording captures all of the wonderful characters that anyone who has seen the film will recall. Amazingly, the show recreated many of those scenes on stage and now this CD brings back those larger than life peformances. Michael Ball was well cast as Caractacus Potts as was the late Anton Rodgers as Grandpa Potts and who could have given a bigger performance as Baron Bomburst than Brian Blessed! Emma Williams is a lyrical Truly Scrumptious. The Cast recording benefits from a huge orchestra and fresh material and arrangememts. A great momento of a show still touring UK theatres in 2009.
One person found this helpful
on 29 July 2013
I have used this company quite a few times and they are always my first choice to see if they have what I need. They are always courteous and quick to communicate when necessary. Their goods are always top class. They will not send out substandard goods. Delivery is always very fast. I have always recommended to family and friends.
on 17 May 2018
GREAT FILM.
on 30 November 2016
My grandson loves it
on 22 October 2015
Lovely disc of songs in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Speedy delivery.
on 4 October 2017
great sound track
on 5 December 2012
I would recommend this cd the music is from the musical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in which Micheal Ball play in London show
on 6 March 2015