on 1 June 2013
Considering how cheap this camera is compared to a go pro (which is what I wanted really) I was a bit hesitant as to how good it would be.
But WOW it is so much better than expected the footage is clear as day it's easy to use and easy to download the footage to PC/laptop I used it for an ice hockey training session first and I was surprised how clear it was and how good the sound was. Easily as good as a go pro and for a fraction of the price.

Definitely recommend this camera to anyone.
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2015
Ok first and foremost, this is not a go pro. You simply can't compare a budget camera with the best on the market. But what I will say is if you are not a hardcore sportsman your going to love this camera as its great value for money. Great HD quality picture with good frame rate.the sound is also pretty good albeit a little echoey when in its protective case for water sports but I used it parasailing and was happy with the results. It comes with a helmet and handlebar mounts for the mountain bike which is why I bought it and has never let me down. The rechargeable battery is decent and will film for a couple of hours on a full charge. If like me you love the outdoors but can't justify buying a go pro then the chilli can is definitely for you.
on 1 April 2015
I bought one of these and also the Full 1080p version. My mini was faulty (turned off randomly) so had to be returned.
Had it worked it would have been pretty good.
However I definitely recommend the full HD version. Not because of the extra resolution (although that is nice)
The mini is NOT compatible with GoPro accessories and has very very limited config options compare to the Full HD version. Also full HD version has Hdmi out and is easier to operate.
I would highly recommend Chilli Tech products but if you can afford it go up a model.
Just to say the construction of the mini felt nice and solid. The case was easy to use. It comes the a head strap (full HD does not).
on 2 January 2015
I was a bit sceptic and I didn't know what to expect. But i didn't want to spent that much for Go Pro. Now I can say this camera is absolutely worth! It's amazing. We compared with my friend that has Go Pro and honestly don't waist money just because Go Pro has better adverts.. Only what could be better is the system how to keep it on your body..
on 15 December 2015
Picture quality is fab on this camera. Its my third purchase as I lost the one I bought my son in the surf. It popped out of the housing whilst swimming in the surf. In bright sunlight its not at all clear if its actually working and the number of mounts available is limited. Beware the connection might look like GoPro but is different so the cheap mounts available for those do not fit. I mount it on the compass of my laser using the flat mount and zippy ties.
Summary , picture quality and battery life great but beware the case popping open if you catch the closing clip and controls not that accessible.I bought the last one for £35.00 so I have had 3 for less than the price of one GoPro!!
on 10 October 2015
very disappointed I know it's not a go pro think I should have invested in one.the water proof cover was visible on the picture in the first one .this I returned on a promis of a replacement..a month later and many un answered email I finally received a replacement .the battery only lasted 15 minutes.i even tried replacement batteries ..they do get very hot during re charge making me think there's a problem with the charger..brought this for a snorkelling trip to Mexico .as soon as I switched it on after a full recharge the battery failed .would I recommend No ..save your money and buy a go pro
on 9 August 2015
I bought this in the Black Friday sales and it sat in a box for most of the year, I recently needed to film something for a friend so decided to use this to test it. It worked great! It picks up the sound as well as a great picture and I was able to import the video easily to create a movie.
on 15 August 2015
Better than the GoPro by far! Was bought for my birthday. Battery amazing! Quality is HD however the camera goes a bit blurred when spashed. Waterproof case isn't very secure, I lost the camera in the sea whilst surfing but am going to get another one. Great product-4 1/2 stars!
on 22 August 2016
Used for one season i know it's cheap but you get what you pay for, really differcult to operate with in case has a power button and start stop button and know way of knowing if your recording as the sound it makes is to quiet to hear even without a helmet and outdoors the screen is so dull you can't see it. The battery life is around 1 hour record time but will last nearly 2 on standby. You can only upload pictures via the cable provided which is ok if it wasn't so slow seems to take hours to get even the small files tranfered .
on 25 January 2013
120 degree lens makes for some great shots. Comes with all the accessories you'd need for mounting. The curved mount fits great on a ski helmet.
Very simple to use while the camera is in the waterproof case.
Great value and takes great video!
22 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse