Customer reviews

Children's Past Lives
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 5 October 2017
Very interesting and a must have book.
on 1 July 1998
This was a great and informative book on childrens past lives. Carol Bowman shares with us her experiences with her two children and how they were healed by reliving their past lives. I only wish that this book had been around 10 years ago when my two boys were young enough for me to use these easy techniques. This would make a great gift for any expecting mother (or father)or parents of small children. I have already loaned out my copy to several good friend. Thank You Carol for you courage in writing this book. Other authors on Past Lives that I like: Ruth Montgomery.
on 18 March 1998
What amazed me was the consistency of the actions and words of children (and young adults) world wide!
I really enjoyed Carol's book, but noted that one point had not been touched upon. And that was how to broach the question to a child of any memories of their possible past lives. But rather, the book concentrated on children experiencing spontanious memories, sometimes being triggered by noises, etc... I e-mailed Carol and asked her about this possible avenue, and was delighted with a rapid response which was informative and appreciative.
I recommend this book to people who have even an inkling of interest in this subject, as it explains the concepts in laymans terms, without the usual jargon. A really interesting, informative and thorough book to read!!!
on 16 August 2003
Carol Bowman begins by relating the experiences she had with her own young son, who was hysterically afraid of loud noises, to introduce the reader to typical experiences that can happen before children are born, but to which they are reacting in this life.
The primary focus of this book is on helping children to overcome their phobias, especially when traditional psychotherapy fails to uncover a cause or solution. The book is aimed both toward parents of children with phobias, and also just toward parents generally.
The only reason I am giving the book four stars, instead of five, is that I was already a believer in reincarnation and was looking for a book relating many, many cases of reincarnation.
While the book does present a reasonable number of cases, these are not the book's primary focus. The primary focus is toward parents who may never before have considered the possiblility of reincarnation. The book spends a great deal of time discussing research by other eminent researchers (an EXCELLENT summary, by the way, for further reading), and giving guidelines toward how to tell the difference between which memories may be from past lives, vs. made-up fanatasies on the part of the child. If you are a parent, and your child has any unexplained exceptional talents, odd behaviors, or phobias, this book is for you. If, like me, you already believe in reincarnation, and you are looking for more actual cases to read about, I suggest you skip this book and go directly to Carol's second book, 'Return From Heaven,' which is even better than this excellent book (and also includes her experiences with her own children).
Carol is perhaps the world's current leading expert on this subject.
Anyone looking for this book on the British Amazon site, and finding limited availability, will find the book READILY available from the American site.
on 20 April 1999
I couldn't put down this book. It is thoroughly researched and extremely well-written. The revelations had me developing new insight into my soul with every page turn.
Children are our future. It's our responsibility to be empathetic to their growth and to be there to help them learn more about themselves. Carol gives you more tools for your parenting toolkit.
on 17 April 1999
What a marvellous read, and so well written. Since reading the book I have looked at both children and adults in a totally different light, and wondered who they were in a previous life and what has happened to them to make their personalities as they are today.
I do not have children myself, and certainly do not think they are a pre-requisite for reading the book - anybody can enjoy Carol Bowman's writing!
on 21 April 1999
I really think Carol Bowman wrote a fascinating book, which tells you a lot about children. When I was reading the book, my children started telling me about where they were before they came living with us, even talked about God!
on 2 April 1998
I have just completed reading Carol's book. It is truly a fascinating subject. One I have always believed in. I am amazed at how readily children are able to recall their past lives. I only wish adults could do the same, perhaps many unanswered questions could be cleared if we were able to remember a past life time. The author does an outstanding job at captivating you from the first chapter. This is a must read if you are interested in the subject of reincarnation.
on 13 April 2003
Culture is a form of Thought-soup in which we swim during the short periods of our Earth-lives. It is created from a mix of political and religious ingredients and can become so thick that we can scarcely move in it. Into this soup our children our born, many of them brimming with memories of past lives which can sometimes make the present life quite hard to bear. Parents, Priests, Teachers and Politicians generally choose to ignore these past influences and this ignorance leads to a fear of death and beyond which is then transmitted almost immediately to the small minds that eye their new lives with no little apprehension.
From Carol Bowman's book we learn how children try to tell us about their far memories and how to tell whether they are fantasising or dealing in hard facts. The lessons to be learned from her pages, the warnings and above all the multitude of case histories make this a book which is not only fascinating but immensely important. Bowman was triggered into writing this book by her experiences with her own children. As a result she has joined the small but growing corpus of enlightened scientists and therapists who are dragging us, screaming and kicking, into the 21st century.
Within the pages of her books lie a host of incidents and advices that must surely enlighten those who have the courage to explore taboo territories.
on 20 April 1999
Children's Past Lives is a fascinating read! I wish my daughter was younger so that I could try talking about her past lives with her. I've only now become comfortable with reincarnation. I love the way that Carol is an everyday woman/mother. I related very well with her search for books and then how she just devours the materials! Ha! That's me! I, too, believe that mothers of young children have a golden opportunity to try and tap into children's past lives and possible future problems! I bought three copies of this book to give to the mothers of young children in my family. One of these went to my youngest sister whose daughter of 7 just died in a car accident. I believe that this book will comfort her in her grief when she is ready to read it. Coincidence? It was in the mail (she lives in another state) when the accident occurred!