Children from the Sky Paperback – 31 May 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Paul Holmes graduated from York University with an honours degree in English and Philosophy. He then taught before joining HMV (EMI) Classical Records as Literary Editor. Five years later he took up journalism, before moving to Brighton in 1980. He now teaches English and Creative Writing for adult education. His other published works include Brahms His Life and Times, sleeve notes, translations and poetry. He is also a prize-winning short story writer. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
A very enjoyable read and I can't imagine the time and work that Duncan put into this book. Just reading it made me think he hasn't had a social life in years.
I was amazed at all the factual information that he was able to obtain in the years 1066-1395.
The lives of all these people and their whereabouts and their personal dealings with the crown and each other.
I do agree with the author in the fact that why weren't the children more amazed by the sun and especially the moon. Which leads me to believe that they had seen the moon before somewhere.
Definitely worth the money and the time to read it.
This is the only book I have found that goes into great depths about the "Green Children" of the 12th century.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Anglo-Saxon 500-1000
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Black Death
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Norman and Medieval 1001-1500
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Wars of the Roses
- Books > History > Europe > Vikings, Dark Ages, Medieval Europe 501-1500
- Books > History > World History > 501-1500
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Folklore