- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 934 KB
- Print Length: 91 pages
- Publisher: Mary Fonvielle (2 April 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007R5TMB4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,219,191 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Children of Fire Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Now, what disappointed me? I was disappointed by the length of the story. It seems that so many authors are putting out the first few chapters of a promising work and calling it a novel. I understand that this is a marketing strategy, a sort of ‘hook.’ I have many favorite authors that I discovered because they offered a free first novel which I downloaded and loved. But I was not left feeling cheated when I expected a full novel, and got five short chapters. I, for one, am left wondering if it is worth my few dollars for the next episode which may well be another 70 or 80 pages. Had this been at least novella length, I would've given it 5 stars.
This is a quest novel, centred on the journey of Arryn, the middle son - the royal family ‘spare’ who dedicates his life to finding his stolen sister. I whipped through this novel and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would recommend it as a great afternoon’s read.
As a younger grandchild of the king, Arryn is content with his brother Deraen's destiny as king.
When a powerful enemy gathers her forces to conquer the kingdom, Arryn's family and his life are completely change.
Mary Fonvielle's Children of Fire sets the stage for the later works. Ms. Fonvielle introduces a well-imagined world, and fills it with interesting characters.
Yes, this first book definitely ensnared me and made me want to read the rest of the series. Speaking of which...I believe that's precisely what I'll be doing next.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Contemporary