Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 July 2010
This book is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. I am currently taking a degree in childhood and youth studies and since purchasing this book have used it for every assignment. It is easy to read and understand. The best money I have spent on a book.
on 21 April 2010
This book is one of the most useful books I have purchased. If you are studying early years or teaching in the early years this book has everything from theorists on child development, the key persons role, good practice and its implementation. It also has a useful website which is attached to the book. This book extend's it's value in money and will enable you to read about current issues regarding young children. I can not emphasise enough how useful this book is and would recommend it to anyone working within the early years field.
on 3 December 2011
I have been teaching child development to Foundation Degree students in Early Years and I would recommend this textbook to Level 4 students for its clear and simple format. A colleague of mine from a highly academic background has a different view of the book from me! The book is perhaps biased towards a medical and scientific model which is why it appeals to me with my nursing and health visiting background. I am about to start on my return to nursing and health visiting course and intend using this textbook to help me with my studies.
on 10 June 2011
This book is well set out, easy to read and contains relevant information. Guided me through the last year of my education degree and my GTP.
I would most definately recommend that you get it if you need to know about CD.
on 8 September 2012
Goid for a beginner of child development or someone starting a BA (hons) Childhood Studies / pgce. Covers all the theorists well with good links to applying in practice.
on 24 December 2012
This is a good reference book which is easy to read. The best thing is that it covers many different topics - not in to much detail, but enough to give you a good idea.
on 7 October 2011
I bought this book for my degree in Early Childhood Studies. It is really useful and a great resource for essays and other assignments.

Highly recommended :)
on 30 December 2012
I think that there is far too much in this book. It is very wide with bits of everything around children's development. A bit like a course text book giving a grounding across many topics
on 7 June 2012
Theories of childhood is a good book if your looking for simplified versions of the various different Child Development theories that are out there.A good clear concise read.
on 3 December 2011
i bought this book for my daughters University course and it has all the information required. its very useful book.