#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 2 June 2014
This was the second book I bought for my girlfriend when she was studying childcare. This was on the required book reading list and she used it frequently for studying and essays/presentations.

I'm no expert in childcare myself, but having a quick look through it's very nicely presented and easy to digest the important information about child education. It is very in depth though, as many books of this type are. Even if you are not studying and you are a parent, some of the information here is useful and rewarding to know.

A good book and well worth investigating
Nice
on 16 November 2017
👍
on 12 May 2001
I've been using this book for the last 2 years whilst I've been studying for a BTEC in Childhood Studies. It contains everything yoou need to know and now I am working I still use it to refer to during the course of my day.
on 29 September 2001
As a childcare lecturer, I will certainly recommend this book to my students. It is valuable for a whole range of courses - BTec,DCE, NVQ2 & 3, and provides more detailed information for Early Years Degree students. Very impressive and clearly organised.
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 July 2004
As this book was out in 2002 i could not use 'childcare and education' as part of my cache diploma in childcare and education level 3 course at college. This would have been very useful for me to use during the course as the book covers chapters from observations and assessments to health, working with babies and equal opportunities in childcare. But to my luck i use this book as a reference and guide as i am completing my degree in early childhood studies at university. I shall always carry this book with me as it is simple and easy for us all to understand and also covers most aspects of childcare and child development which is ideal for both nursery nurse trainees and just all individuals in general.
Hope my comments help and i would recommend you to buy this book.
on 4 October 2001
I am studying for my NVQ 3 and have found this book very helpful. It is set out easily and is written in plain english! A definite must!
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 February 2002
Childcare and Education is an essential book for any student or practitioner in Early Years. It is clear and concise, dealing with subjects from child development to child abuse. As a student the book was invaluable to me, allowing me to grasp my chosen subject with practical advice and research. As a childcare tutor, it is the one book I recommend to student - if you can only afford to buy one childcare book- buy this!
on 5 April 2017
Excellent item and price. Thanks.
on 2 March 2015
This contains loads of useful information and guidance for students, however the course it is intended to accompany has been re- designed and re- titled. The text book for the newer courses is due to be published in April 2015.