Chief Architect Interior Designer 9.0 (PC CD)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Powerful Interior Design Software
- Give your dream home the look and feel you want with Chief Architect Interior Designer
- Choose from thousands of styles, colors, wall coverings, flooring and materials
- Experiment with your interior design ideas using 3D models, virtual tours and advanced design tools
- Choose from over 1,000 sample plans to inspire your ideas or create your own
- Quickly place and arrange walls, windows, doors and cabinets
- Find the perfect colors, materials for your design from brand-name manufacturers or import your own.
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
- Platform: Windows XP / 7 / Vista
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Interior Designer 9.0 is the latest release from Chief Architect, the professional software design company and the software of choice by more builders, architects, and designers. Interior Designer 9.0 leverages the same professional quality from Chief Architect making it the most powerful and easy to use interior design software. INTERIOR DESIGN New Artistic Rendering Styles – Watercolor and Technical Illustration Virtual Walk-Through – draw your record line to automatically generate a virtual tour of your design Choose from 5,000 library items: furniture, appliances, cabinets, lighting, windows and more KITCHEN & BATH DESIGN Use the Cabinet Designer tools to create thousands of cabinet styles Use the Material Painter to change the color, texture, and materials of any object Create Cross-Section and Elevation Views with photo realistic textures FLOOR & SPACE PLANNING Accurate Move Dimensions – move objects accurately by typing the actual distance Automatically generate a complete spreadsheet of your project costs, broken down by category Choose from over 1,000 sample plans to inspire and provide ideas for your design REMODELING Add a new addition onto your existing home – visualize what your new room will look like Use Edit Area to select, move, edit, and copy entire regions of your design Arrange walls, windows, doors, and furniture then automatically generate 3D models from any angle ROOM DECORATING Choose from a variety of furniture styles including chairs, tables, sofas, and more Update doors and windows for a new look – wood, casement, moldings, lites, shutters, window treatments, and more Choose from thousands of colors and materials from popular manufacturers or create your own using the Color Chooser
Interior Designer 9.0 is the latest release from Chief Architect, the professional software design company and the software of choice by more builders, architects and designers. Interior Designer leverages the same professional quality from Chief Architect making it the most powerful and easy to use interior design software.
The most powerful and easy to use interior design software. Click to enlarge.
Use the Cabinet Designer tools to create thousands of cabinet styles. Click to enlarge.
Arrange walls, windows, doors, and furniture then automatically generate 3D models from any angle. Click to enlarge.
Design in a 2D plan view with virtual graph paper to create accurately scaled floor plans. Click to enlarge.
Choose from 5,000 library items: furniture, appliances, cabinets, lighting, windows and more. Click to enlarge.
Make Your Decorating Ideas Come To Life
- New Artistic Rendering Styles--Watercolor and Technical Illustration
- Virtual Walk Through--draw your record line to automatically generate a virtual tour of your design
- Choose from 5,000 library items: furniture, appliances, cabinets, lighting, windows and more
- Download additional library content from the Home Designer website
- Vector View Rendering--create professional looking line drawings
Kitchen & Bath Design
- Cabinet Countertop layer--allows separate control of display in 2D and 3D
- Display the countertop edge in relation to the cabinet in plan view
- Use the Cabinet Designer tools to create thousands of cabinet styles
- Create rendered Cross-Section and Elevation Views with photo realistic textures
- Add any 3D object to your Library Browser for later use in your design
- Use Material Painter to change the color, texture, and material of any object
- Choose from a variety of furniture styles including chairs, tables, sofas, and more--easily change the size, color, and fabric to create your own style
- Add all the accessories for your design to create that perfect look and feel
- Update doors and windows for a new look--wood, casement, moldings, lites, shutters, window treatments, and more
- Choose from thousands of colors and materials from name-brand
- manufacturers or create your own using the Color Chooser
Floor & Space Planning
- Accurate Move Dimensions--move objects accurately by typing the actual distance
- Design in a 2D plan view with virtual graph paper to create accurately scaled floor plans
- Automatically generate a complete spreadsheet of your project costs, broken down by category
- Choose from over 1,000 sample plans to inspire and provide ideas for your design
- Add a new addition onto your existing home--visualize what your new room will look like
- Use Edit Area to select, move, edit, and copy entire regions of your design
- Change the size of lights and electrical objects--height, width, and depth
- Arrange walls, windows, doors, and furniture then automatically generate 3D models from any angle
- Lock and Reset the aspect ratio for images--choose to stretch or resize based on your design needs
- Program DVD
- Online Tutorial Videos
- Getting Started Guide
- Free technical support
- 30-Day money back guarantee
- Made and supported in the USA
Top Customer Reviews
The main reason I chose this product is that I`m moving house (hopefully!) in the New Year and plan to destroy all evidence of the previous owners. Therefore, I thought it might be a pretty good idea to plan things, which I wouldn`t say was my DIY strength! The concept of being able to recreate precisely the ideas in my head is a pretty good one, and actually creating the foundations of the house, assuming you have all the necessary dimensions, is very simple. Setting the position of doors and windows and resizing them is easy too, so you`ll soon have a recogniseable image of your floorplan.
But soon after this, minor irritants creep in...I would say that using a laptop touch pad is probably slightly more difficult than a conventional mouse for this programme. When you start to put things in your rooms you can end up with an awful mess, if you aren`t careful. I`d say I`ve been playing with it for about six hours now and can therefore find what I want but it`s one of those programmes that seems to act differently to different commands each time you use it! Trying to move a toilet roll holder into the small downstairs toilet room was a nightmare, it kept clashing with the sink, despite their obvious size differences, and even though the room is five feet in width the programme wasn`t happy about fitting the toilet in, saying it clashed with the room dimensions...Read more ›
This seemed to take an age to download and sat hoping it would not disappoint.
As a computer non wizz found it a bit of a fiddle at first but got hang of it after a while then lost it again then got the hang of it again.
The tutorial to this is a must by the way without it I would have thrown my laptop through the window.
Enjoyed myself rejigging but to be honest I know I would have found it more fun and less frustrating had I used pen and paper, yes I know old fashioned. I am to be honest one of those people who cannot be bothered to fiddle and after a couple of hours with this I felt so frustrated.
At the weekend I did the same exercise with pen and paper and did the job quickly and without using bad language.
I gave this three out of five because I have nothing to compare it to so didnt really know whether it performed well and because I found it hard to use and frustrating surely something that even as a computer non wizz this should not have caused.
Software should be user friendly and easy and quick to download and use for it to be a bonus for me. I took my piece of paper and measurements into B & Q this weekend and they designed printed and off my new kitchen for nothing no frustration no bad language and no expense. You decide but I would not use this again.
It's easy enough to get started, at least as long as you're happy to sit through a lot of video tutorial footage. Once you're ready to start, it might be worth making some rough sketches on paper before attempting to feed your plans into the program. You could, of course, continue with pencil and paper instead, but the beauty of using the software is the ease with which you can change your plans, fine-tuning until you're happy with the results. And, of course, it's easy to add/change wall coverings, furniture, soft furnishings, and so on.
Create a basic plan of your house, with windows, doors, etc. in the right places. Save that and then create a range of versions with different finishes, maybe even structural changes. I certainly found it faster and more effective than using pencil and paper. You can easily view your creation from different angles too. 3D renders are pretty basic, but nevertheless better than most people would achieve without software.
It's just a shame about the obvious US origins. Why can't Chief Architect at least go to the trouble of providing a range of UK objects (appliances, etc)? Better still, why can't a UK software company come up with a range of products similar to (preferably better than) Chief Architect's?
Overall, I'd definitely use this in preference to pencil and paper, but there is much room for improvement.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All in all not a bad product. It feels like a clumsy version of the Sims computer game. Its simple enough to use and is quite useful for designing layouts for your home.Published on 23 Aug. 2012 by Craig Taylor
- It is possible to get very professional results and to apply different finishes to the drawings
- Can switch between 2D and 3D to get dimensions right and... Read more
Not so long ago 3D Design was not possible on your home PC and only architects and designers were able to use the special software. Read morePublished on 28 Jan. 2011 by M. A. Lely
I'm afraid this review will be less informative than I'd like, as personal circumstances interfered with my using it properly. I liked it, though. Read morePublished on 20 Dec. 2010 by C. A. Austin
This is one of another great software for creating and designing a perfect Interior Design that you ever dream of for your home specially if you don't have any idea on how to... Read morePublished on 17 Dec. 2010 by J.T. D.
If you are bursting with ideas for decorating your own home or a friend or relative or if you want to just get your feet wet in the burgeoning arena of computer aided design then... Read morePublished on 11 Sept. 2010 by Amazon Customer
I hoped this product was going to help me re-design my homeschooling room after we had some building work and expanded the house. Read morePublished on 21 Aug. 2010 by Dr. K. E. Patrick
Looks great but took me a while to get used to and I spend a lot of time on computers. Once you get used to it the programme works really well, the 3D looks good and there are lots... Read morePublished on 15 Feb. 2010 by Mr. Martyn Poole
This took a long time to install and even longer to go through all of the tutorials.
Without the tutorials, it is as user friendly as a cornered rat. Read more