on 10 September 2014
I feel as though I have been fighting in the war myself after reading this book, there were times when the action was so well described that I could hear the bullets and cannon shells whistling around me.
If you want to know all about what it was like to be a soldier in either the Union or Confederate armies read this book. I highly recommend it.
on 4 August 2014
A great storytelling of what was one of the worst battles of the American Civil war. All the characters, both historical and fictional are extremely well drawn and really give this depiction a very human quality, complete with all the horrors of what it must have been like living during that time. I thoroughly recommend it.
on 21 November 2014
The author kept me engaged from the start. Well rounded characters and vivid description of the battle scenes, with a growing sense of frustration at the actions of some of the Confederate generals. I enjoyed this book and would read more by this author.
on 17 February 2015
A bit of a slow burner but really grabs you.could have had some more character development especially of field hospital scenario
on 31 October 2014
Book in perfect condition
on 6 January 2016
good read ,
on 12 February 2015
Civil War units were small and each one was commanded by a General and the author throws all their names at you with no explanation of who they are or which side they are on. I quickly became so confused I gave up.
on 29 October 2014
Graphic novel, reads like a series of news reports on troops with side storyline thrown in. Maybe too much detail.
on 21 January 2016
Too many changes lost who was on each side but not a bad read.