Customer reviews

Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£2.49+ £2.80 shipping

on 5 November 2011
Fab! What an exccellent DVD shows Cher at her best, the Dancers are hot and the music great well worth the value
on 12 March 2000
The cher extravaganza is an amazing work of chr live. Her impressive live vocals and equally impresive, gravity defeing costume, all gel together and creat an atmophere of an amazing live performance.She puts alot of soul and sweat into the performance.Songs like "I'n no angel", "hold on", "take it to the limit" and "tougher than the reast" are covers of verious groups which are astundingly performed. The same goes for the hits we all know and love "if i could turn back time","we all slepp alone2 and "after all". An amazing wathch and an amazing buy! ENJOY!
on 5 July 2006
She has given us so much for so long. I am UK resident and had never seen a show of Cher's until they aired it on a TV channel here late one night and I taped it. The interaction with the crowd, dancers and at times the band showed her great need to involve everybody in the show and you couldn't help but feel at times she was having a helluva good time doing it.

Some of my all-time favourite songs with a couple it took me ages to track down. I always remember her saying something along the lines of, 'remember how we look wearing all these clothes, because thats as dressed as we get' much to wolf whistles of the crowd.

Perfection, Takin it to the Streets, If I could turn back time.

She belted them all out, and she still found time to nip back stage, completely change her clothes and costume every so often and get back out again, a fully moving stage that had decks throughout gave her a crazy platform to sing from, one minute shes on the walkway, next minute shes up on a scaffold with guys playing pool.

A lot of time and energy went into that show and it puts some of todays shows to shame. This is from a time when a show was a complete spectacle and a wonder to behold.

I have seen Cher in concert over here since and that was astronomical... but this is the performance I always think back on, maybe because it was the first I saw.

There will only be one Cher, copied but never equalled!
on 3 January 2006
A show that aired on american tv in 1991, in an editing that leaves a lot to be desired... but it was a tv special. So, she doesn't swear! The dvd itself has lots of nice features: home movies, reharsal footage, extra songs, and introductions to each title by Cher herself. An the appearence of a PERFECT Cher impersonator (and a man, no less). You just can't tell them apart! For CHER's true fans. If you're just starting, keep to the Farewell Tour or Cher Live in Concert, where she's in her full bloom and at her best Diva bliss
on 16 November 2012
This is a 1991 concert from Cher. A great concert and with some songs that haven't appeared on other concert dvd's that she has done. There is an interactive menu by which you can watch rehearsal footage before each track, or just the concert in its entirety without this.

The Cher lookalike footage is very good, with Cher coming on a few minutes later and the backing dancers pretending to be annoyed that they didn't know it wasn't Cher.

In the Extras, there is a clip of Cher and then-boyfriend Richie Sambora singing Heart of Stone.

I'm No Angel

Takin' It To The Streets
Many Rivers To Cross
Tougher Than The Rest
on 6 April 2014
What a lost opportunity! This DVD covers the show but the DVD production detracts from the experience. The songs in the show cannot be enjoyed one after the other because some songs can only be heard by going back to the main menu and selecting 'bonus songs'. This breaks up the whole show. In addition the main show which covers the bulk of the songs is broken up throughout by pictures of 'The Mirage' (as if an advert was to be inserted) and also there are constant tributes to Cher that also break up the flow of the songs. By going back to the main menu it is possible to see some 'Extras' and 'Bonus Performances' but these are of poor technical quality, even in some cases in black and white and are more like home videos. What should have been produced was a DVD showing the show from start to finish with no interruptions. I have still given it a 3 star rating because no matter how frustrating the production Cher gives a great performance and the sense of Extravaganza does exist.
on 19 January 2013
I used to have this on VHS so had to get it on DVD. I love it & the song "Perfection" is my favorite .....watch & you will be amazed at the dance double. Cher can really put on a show & this was a great one ......will always admire her earlier work & her transition to an actress has been amazing she has played some wonderful characters.I think her on stage singing performances always showed polish so no wonder her acting has been amazing too....
on 22 September 2016
The energy of this Lady always amazes me, she and her team of musicians and vocals put every thing they have got into it. I like her choice of costume for her vocals absolutely stunning, playing this on a 65 inch Panasonic UHD TV set with up scaling and a 7 channel theatre unit the quality of this video belies it,s age. It is best viewed in the original 4.3 format.
on 9 March 2012
i absolutely love this dvd...its cher at her best...when cher sings live it is sooo beautiful...i love that they gave backstage footage and bonus songs, and it was really easy to use...cher luks absolutely stunning in this dvd and the songs r just fabulous...i would recommend everyone to buy one right now...it is the best dvd i own!!!
on 24 January 2014
The DVD was a bit of a disappointment, not the fault of the seller I may add, it just seems a bit cobbled together, its a copy of a TV show, and for a Cher DVD I guess I expected a bit more polish.