Chemical Engineering Dynamics: An Introduction to Modelling and Computer Simulation Hardcover – 10 Jul 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...This third edition was terrific pleasure to read! ... The new edition is clearly the result of immense effort and labour of love. Chemical Engineering Dynamics just seems to get better and better "
CURRENT ENGINEERING PRACTICE, Oct 07
"terrific pleasure to read... Chemical Engineering Dynamics just seems to get better and better." ( Current Engineering Practice, October 2007)
From the Back Cover
Chemical processes are influenced by a variety of circumstantial factors suchas temperature, pressure, reactants, catalyst stirring and others that have to be controlled and optimized all at one time. Dynamic modelling and computer simulations allow the understanding and control of these complex dynamic systems, thereby providing modern solutions to chemical engineering processes.
The on–hand book teaches the reader the modelling of dynamic chemical engineering processes by the combination of simplified fundamental theory and direct hands–on computer simulation. A CD–ROM provides several examples of process equipment models, e.g. reactors and extraction columns, written in Berkley Madonna, a powerful and widespread simulation software.
"An excellent introductory ′refresher–course′ on the basic concepts. This is followed by 78 programs which illustrate the points made and encourage the reader to ′tweak′ and play ′what–if′ games. Whilst reading this book I found a surprising amount of relaxation and pleasure in just running the programs through on a notebook computer. There are very few textbooks in my experience where it takes a great effort of will to put the book down! This is one of them."
Laboratory News, New Zealand
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Chemistry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies