- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Chateau Potensac 1995 Red Wine 75 cl
|Price:||£29.96 (£29.96 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Joe Fattorini's Tasting Note: "We were lucky enough to drink this wine in Hong Kong whilst filming The Wine Show. And we loved it. It's been a secret part of many wine merchants' cellars for many years. Not just Potensac, a famously reliable and affordable chateau. But also 1995, a good year, comfortably in the lee of the more exuberant and pricey 1996. We had this with a Chinese meal and I have to tell you, it was delicious."
- Robert Parker : Elegant, complex, and evolved, the saturated dark rubycolored 1995 exhibits herb-tinged, black currant/weedycassis-like flavors that are supple, round, generous, and appealing. This wine does not possess the power and density of fruit found in the 1996, but it is a delicious, reasonably priced claret that should have broad crowd appeal for a decade or more. A sleeper.
- Chateau Potensac is located in Ordonnac, in the Medoc area. This terroir of this plots consistes of gravel and sandy gravel
- Food & Wine Pairing : Serve with grilled lamb, fillet of duck breast or cheeses.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
This Chateau was the property of the Liquard family. With the marriage between Miss Liquard and Paul Delon, the Chateau became the property of the Delon family. In the 1970's, the estate was managed by their son, Michel Delon, then by their grandson, Jean-Hubert Delon since 2000. The summer of 1995 brought high temperatures and a good drought, favourable for the perfect ripening of the grapes. The ideal conditions continued during harvesttime, ensuring the grapes remained nice and healthy through to the last bunch picked.