- Actors: Gerard Butler, Elisabeth Shue, Jonny Weston, Leven Rambin, Abigail Spencer
- Directors: Curtis Hanson, Michael Apted
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: Unknown
- Number of discs: 1
- Studio: Entertainment in Video
- DVD Release Date: 4 Nov. 2013
- Run Time: 117 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 134 customer reviews
- ASIN: B00DY1V2CW
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 10,840 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Chasing Mavericks [DVD]
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Gerard Butler stars in this surfing drama. Santa Cruz teenager Jay Moriarty (Jonny Weston) discovers that the Mavericks surf break, one of the biggest waves on Earth, exists only a few miles from his home. Instantly gripped by the dream of surfing the wave, he begs local surfing legend Frosty Hesson (Butler) to help him achieve his goal. But with tide patterns dictating that the Mavericks is due to reappear in just 12 weeks, has Jay got what it takes to conquer this epic wave?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
"Chasing Mavericks" simply follows one young boy's extraordinary determination and training to conquer the legendary Maverick waves, at the same time touching on breaking and mending hearts, philosophical musings, high-school romance and father-son bonds. Sounds cheesy, right? Nevertheless I really enjoyed this film. It ain't The Endless Summer Collectors Edition (2 Disc) [DVD], but it is not trying to be. It is simply a good surfing movie.
What I did not at all expect is the tears at the end. What a story (and I am referring to the actual story of the life - and death - of Jay Moriarty, not the narrative of the film).
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews