- Directors: Charlie Chaplin
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 2
- Studio: Bfi
- DVD Release Date: 25 May 2015
- Run Time: 341 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 26 customer reviews
- ASIN: B00T05OAO8
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 31,706 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Charlie Chaplin: The Mutual Films Collection 
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHARLIE CHAPLIN: THE MUTUAL COMEDIES (2-Disc DVD Box Set)
Charlie Chaplin entered the film industry in 1914 and by 1916 was the highest paid entertainer in the world after signing a contract with the Mutual Film Corporation for a salary of $670,000. Mutual built Chaplin his very own studio and allowed him total freedom to make 12 two-reel films during a 12-month period, which have been brought together for the first time on this two-disc box set. Chaplin subsequently recognised this period of film-making as the most inventive and liberating of his career.
These twelve films demonstrate the breadth of Chaplin's abilities as both a physical slapstick actor and a subtle, endearing character actor. The collection includes the slapstick custard pie fights of Behind the Screen and his first minor masterpiece, The Vagabond, where he successfully combines pathos and comedy to create a lyrical love story.
This collection of Chaplin films has been fully restored and features music by acclaimed silent film composer Carl Davis.
- 12 films (1916-1917) with Carl Davis score, all presented in full High Definition: The Floorwalker, The Fireman, The Vagabond, One AM, The Count, The Pawnshop, Behind the Screen, The Rink, Easy Street, The Cure, The Immigrant, The Adventurer
- Alternative scores for each film by a range of composers
- Audio commentaries for all 12 films
- Newsreel shorts: Chaplin Signs the Mutual Contract(1916, 30 secs); Charlie on the Ocean (1921, 5 mins)
- Carl Davis interview (9 mins)
- Extensive booklet with essays and full film credits
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews