on 1 September 2009
I bought them for my 6 year old son as he was desperate for an aquarium and I did not want a fish aquarium . We followed the instructions and the eggs hatched just over 24 hours. We now have quite a few of them and we both enjoy watching them. My son is enjoying the responsibility of stirring the water and feeding them. We love the seamonkeys.
on 2 July 2009
My 8 year old son really pestered for this toy and I did try to resist.It has done as it said and quite a few Sea Monkeys hatched. They are now growing and changing shape. He has really enjoyed looking at them every day (and so have I) it and I would recommend it.
on 27 November 2011
My daughter always wanted a pet but we live in a flat and could never have one, so this Sea Monkey idea sounded like a good plan. We got it about a month ago, and my daughter was very patient and precise with all the instructions and readings in prep-for the great experiment - we got the spring mineral water and the warm spot, and followed closely all the instructions.

My daughter is now genuinely happy with her new pets, and we're all amazed at the pace of their growing, and minimal care required... Within 1 month-ish the biggest ones are nearly 1cm and there are small ones too, indicating that reproduction may have happened. They are the dream pet, feed them once every 5 days, oxigen the water by blowing with a straw (which most children love to do) and have fun!!! But careful! Follow closely the instructions, as per my daughter's advice on video: Tap water is bad and will kill your pets! You need spring/mineral water!!
on 13 June 2014
At the time of writing, the description says that a pipette is included. It isn't.

Since the seller's charging more than others for this identical set I think this is very poor. Might seem petty, but false advertising is false advertising.
on 12 May 2010
I love this product!! I remember having them when i was younger and loved them! i needed find a birthday present for my friends 11year old boy and thought of this... he totally loves them and so does his parents... 10 out of 10 from me :)
on 8 March 2015
VERY DISAPPOINTED!! The pack was expected as I have bought one of these in the past from a high street store. However, despite following all the guidelines, no eggs ever hatched which led to a very disappointed little girl. Like I said, I have had these before and make a great lil "pet" for younger children IF they hatch. I followed the instructions to the letter. :(
on 21 February 2015
I followed the instructions correctly and to the point where I added the eggs and from then on it was a waiting game i waited two weeks before I saw a sign of life and that what a while ago from now but at the moment I have been feeding the when I think they need it and they are breeding like mad there must be at least 100 babies in the tank now, but all in all its s really good product but for some people it dosent work like mine did so it is a bit hit and miss but it's all really good
on 25 September 2014
Nothing seemed to happen to these for at least 2 weeks and I was a little disappointed that only a few of the sea monkeys had actually hatched. I found it quite difficult to keep the water at a suitable temperature, especially as the sun has started hiding again. The tank is tiny compared to what I expected but it made it easier to find a home for. A great item for kids but they will have to be pretty patient!
on 8 December 2012
Me and my friends got this for our study at school as a 'study pet', haha. When I went away for a school trip for a week or so, they forgot to feed them, but they survived so I would say they are very strong little monkeys! A lot of fun!
on 3 October 2011
These are our new pets. Its fantastic and fascinating how they develop into living things.
We have adults and are reproducing at alarming rate! Will have to have a new larger tank soon. Great educational product for children of any age. Takes little effort to look after.

See one answered question