on 8 September 2015
Sunshine Coast who supplied this to me were superb. They were courteous and very helpful in ensuring this arrived for my son's birthday when I contacted them and I can highly recommend them as a small company with exceptionally good service. However the product has been one of the worst purchases I've ever made. The pieces do not stay together and I'm constantly rebuilding the model. We also have the Character Tardis and this is just as bad. Lego will be bringing Doctor Who models out in the near future I understand. Better to wait for those than buy this.
on 31 October 2016
on 13 September 2014
my son does like this but gets annoyed when it falls to pieces, the base keeps falling off and the lid of it was so difficult to get off once fixed onto it, it took his dad 10 minutes to take it off, it looks nice, however shame it falls apart
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 November 2012
After seeing the other reviews this product has received, I had to comment to set the record straight

This is by a large margin the best set of the CB Doctor Who range. It is definitely a challenge to build, but frankly that's what you should get from these sets. It shouldn't be as easy as sticking Brick A to Brick B. If some children get upset at not being able to build it, fair enough, I was the same with some Lego sets when I was younger too. But really anyone aged eight or older shouldn't have that much difficulty with it

I can't see how anyone could call this set 'fragile'. It is by far the sturdiest set of the range. After finishing it, I have literally held mine upside-down and shaken it. Nothing so much as rattled, or felt like it was going to fall apart. Unlike the earlier Dalek Factory which was terrible, this is a quality piece of merchandise. Also it has 420 pieces, not the advertised 232, so building it is a great way to spend a few hours

No it's not as good quality as Lego, but frankly it's a hell of a lot better than many of the other non-Lego construction toys, and criticizing it for not being as good as one of the best-established brands of all time is hardly fair

I would recommend this to any Doctor Who fan, and fans of construction toys in general
11 Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 February 2016
V good
on 24 September 2015
Far from Lego quality. Bricks don't hold together, some are really tight and others are too loose. Not worth £30!
on 11 January 2014
This is a short review. Sorry, I mean slightly long.

1.Fun. As in the the title, it depends. For a 8 year olds toy, not fantastic, as it falls apart. For display, good in mature hands due to its, in my mind, looks. But for scene building, decent in most young peoples hands, and quite good in mature hands.

2.Education. You may think its just a toy used on holidays, but I value that despite this, it does show plating with the bodywork and also in one part, show joints at work. But its still falls down here.

3.Durability. This is the worst part BY A COUNTRY MILE. It is quite incredibly fragile. You might as well made it out of glass, because if you drop it, game over. Push on it to hard, turn it the wrong way or even pick it up, they all lead to you being forced to make repairs.

4.Overall. But in the end, I still think this is a great lego creation. Despite the durability problem, in the end you get used to it and hey, repairing lego may be time consuming, but its not rocket science.
on 27 December 2014
This is an incredibly poor product. Unless you enjoy physical torture, I would definitely NOT recommend. My wife and 8-year old son (and latterly myself) spent several hours this morning trying to construct this - unlike Lego, it falls apart at the slightest touch and the instructions are completely confusing. Extremely disappointing and I am very surprised that the BBC are licensing their concept to this company.
on 6 March 2014
Not sure why this toy has so many bad reviews.For the price ( £13.49) i paid for it and compared to similar toys (i'm looking at you Lego) it's great value for money and pretty solid.
It's much better than the ultimate Tardis play set as far as price/build is concerned and you'll be hard pressed to find a set like this for this kind of price.
I'm looking forward to Character Buildings new sets for 2014!
on 6 October 2015
Complete rubbish. Save your money.