- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Changeling: The Autobiography of Mike Oldfield Paperback – 1 May 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A musical icon" (Telegraph)
"A record industry legend" (The Times)
"As one of the most successful recording artists in history, his genius as a musician is beyond question" (Daily Mirror)
THE STORY OF AN EXTRAORDINARY STAR IN HIS OWN WORDSSee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Oldfield's autobiography is his most satisfying production for years. As a book, it's an absorbing read, not too brief. The best sections deal with his formative years and the impact of new fame. He really does explain his early life very well. Fans will know many basic facts, but there's a kind of honesty in his book, which is quite raw in places. Amateur psychologists will love it. Naturally, the gossip can't be there, his personal relationships are barely mentioned, which is fair enough. But his own way of thinking comes over fully: therapy, emotional difficulties, (interesting) grumbles about money. In some senses, you can feel he's unburdoning himself, putting problems to rest. The only troubling aspect of this is the recognition that his best music was made under duress, and that his future work will have none of that necessary emotional drive. Die-hard fans have always wanted a repeat of the early works (he has come close) and the end of the book optimistically hints at an attempted return, thanks to self-awareness. Recommended.
I can't say much for th content myself other that what my partner has said so here's what he told me, "it really gives a deep insight into his thoughts and music and makes me appreciate his music in a way I never did before"
The book it's self is a really good quality paperback, the cover is glossy and clear. The print inside is crisp and paper a good thickness.
I have a very happy fan in the house.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Music > Rock & Pop
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Composers & Musicians
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Scores, Songbooks & Lyrics > Rock & Pop
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Rock & Pop > Styles