Change and Development in the Middle East (Routledge Revivals) Paperback – 20 Aug 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
In this section, the author refers to the Moroccan experience.
In general, I liked his essay, though I would urge the essay writer to consider additional and more recent histories when considering modernization in French colonial Moroccan madinas, which were substantially changed, I argue, during the French colonial period. I also challenge the assumption that just because laws were put into place, they were effectively enforced. My arguments are based upon primary documents, particularly correspondences traded between French colonial era administrators.
These arguments are in my dissertation _Negotiating the City: Conserving Fez, Morocco during the French Protectorate_(University of California, Los Angeles, 2005).
The author could also see my 2011 _Getty Research Journal_ and 2012 History and Technology articles:
"Modern Mosque Lamps: Electricity in the Historic Monuments and Tourist Attractions of French Colonial Fez, Morocco (1925-1950)," History and Technology 2 (2012):177-207.
"Reading a Family Photo Album : Tchèque(s)[?] voyagent au Maroc pour rendre visite à un légionnaire [de or en] Garnison," Getty Research Journal 3 (2011):189-200 .
Thank you, Colette Apelian
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Population & Demography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Urban & Rural Planning