The Change Before The Change: Everything you need to know to stay healthy in the decade before menopause Paperback – 25 Aug 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'A recommended read for women in their late thirties & forties'. Health & Fitness magazine.
From the Inside Flap
The Essential Book for Every Woman Over 35
You're in the prime of life. As far as you know, menopause could be years away. So why is your body sending you such weird messages?
Women today can't afford to lose time and energy to the common, but often misdiagnosed, symptoms of perimenopause -- from mood swings and stubborn extra pounds to hot flashes and insomnia -- that precedemenopause by as much as a decade.
In this lively and solution-packed book, renowned ob/gyn Dr. Laura Corio provides all the information you need to take charge of your physical and emotional well-being:
- Hormone treatment before menopause, including all the new, natural, and low-dose forms that are making this a safe choice for more women
- Herbs, soy, and other alternative therapies that are backed by solid medical research
- How perimenopause affects fertility -- and what to do if you want to get pregnant
- How your skin, hair, and nails reflect deeper changes -- and how to make them vibrant again
- Ways to combat cancer fears -- and what tests you absolutely must have
- Whether a high-protein diet is right for you -- and what vitamins and minerals you should be taking
- What to do now to protect your breasts, uterus, bones, and heart in the years to come
- Diet and exercises to prevent or minimize symptoms, and much more! --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Written in a straightforward, non jargony way, the book's structure, quick reference sections and hints and tips make it easy to dip in and out of. There are lots of case studies to illustrate the issues, and included are explanations of different hormone replacement therapies, natural and synthetic, with guidance on what might relieve your symptoms. It's not a replacement for the GP but it will give you the confidence to describe how you feel and get the help you need.
It's also quite witty: 'use it or lose it!' is a key maxim!
One of the main conclusions of the book - and an important reason for women to read it - is that, if women are 'perimenopause-aware', they can begin the fight against osteoporosis and heart disease, the risks of which increase as the levels of oestrogen decline.
There is lots of practical advice given by the authors about how to deal with the perimenopause and how to minimise the risks associated with it.
An excellent book, well written, in language that anyone can understand. Highly recommended.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Every woman should get this book it's amazing .my life can get back to normalPublished 25 days ago by Amazon Customer
This book is a must for any woman out there who is heading their way to peri menopause/menopause-Published 14 months ago